Beckett Message Boards
Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Misc. (/forum-43.html)
+--- Forum: Help Forum (/forum-65.html)
+--- Thread: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 (/thread-1439622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - pingbling23 - 05-20-2011 07:09 PM

still not working!!!!! i understand the need to close threads when stuff has been fixed but please allow some time to get feedback to make sure it works before you close the thread we were communicating our problem with, thank you.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - thebwd - 05-20-2011 10:23 PM

Yeah, it has gone from working 0% of the time to about 10% of the time. I would hardly call that "fixed". Beckett claiming that something has been fixed can hardly be considered proof positive that it is in fact fixed.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - thelegendjerryrice - 05-22-2011 02:30 PM

(05-20-2011 10:23 PM)thebwd Wrote:  Yeah, it has gone from working 0% of the time to about 10% of the time. I would hardly call that "fixed". Beckett claiming that something has been fixed can hardly be considered proof positive that it is in fact fixed.

I think 10% Is going a little to far. A few bugs doesn't lower it that much... I'd say its about 90%...

I have done like 6 or 7 trades FINE. How is it 10% when i can do trades.
Actually did not run into a problem since the fix until the other day.

Tell me what makes IT 10% ?

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - chrisdolney - 05-22-2011 02:57 PM

Well it was working yesterday but now again today when I am trying to set up a new trade it just jumps back to the view trade screen when I attempt to add cards. I don't give a %&#$ about the percentage. I just know it's not working for me right now. Very frustrating. For all practical purposes we are now paying for this service.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - thelegendjerryrice - 05-22-2011 10:57 PM

It is the weekend and Beckett is closed on the weekends. I am sure once someone gets wind of the issue they will try and fix it.

Prob. was some sort of fix they pushed and it messed something else up. It happens.......

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - thebwd - 05-22-2011 11:10 PM

(05-22-2011 02:30 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote:  I think 10% Is going a little to far. A few bugs doesn't lower it that much... I'd say its about 90%...

I have done like 6 or 7 trades FINE. How is it 10% when i can do trades.
Actually did not run into a problem since the fix until the other day.

Tell me what makes IT 10% ?

After the "fix" I got it to work 1 out of the next 10 times I tried (as opposed to it not working at all before). That is where I got the 10% figure. I guess I should have added "for me" to be clear. I really don't see how it working for <i>you</i> makes <i>my</i> problem go away, though.

On the plus side, however, the issue is improving. I am still seeing the issue sometimes, but I was able to complete a couple of trades myself after refreshing a few times.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - xstreaminsanity - 05-23-2011 10:38 AM

I've completed 9 trades this weekend (since Friday evening). Each trade I was able to view cards from the other side. Please let us know who the trades are with and provide us with the tradeIDs so we can give the developers examples.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - ntgsportscards - 05-23-2011 10:46 AM

I've had the same problem. Trade will be working fine and out of nowhere you can't add cards to the trade anymore....even if you've already been adding cards to it. Most of the time it will ask me to log in (even though I've been logged in for hours) and once I do, trade funtion won't work for several hours.

(05-23-2011 10:38 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  I've completed 9 trades this weekend (since Friday evening). Each trade I was able to view cards from the other side. Please let us know who the trades are with and provide us with the tradeIDs so we can give the developers examples.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - xstreaminsanity - 05-23-2011 11:29 AM

(05-23-2011 10:46 AM)ntgsportscards Wrote:  I've had the same problem. Trade will be working fine and out of nowhere you can't add cards to the trade anymore....even if you've already been adding cards to it. Most of the time it will ask me to log in (even though I've been logged in for hours) and once I do, trade funtion won't work for several hours.

Hmmm, that is odd. I'll report it. I know I just updated a current trade I'm working on. I know I tried mmahoney, one person pingbling23 was having and issue with and with that person I can't add them.

RE: Cant add items in trade function Pt. 2 - thebwd - 05-23-2011 12:09 PM

(05-23-2011 10:38 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  I've completed 9 trades this weekend (since Friday evening). Each trade I was able to view cards from the other side. Please let us know who the trades are with and provide us with the tradeIDs so we can give the developers examples.

I am not sure it is related to the other trader. I will get the problem, then refresh, get it again, refresh...then one time it will work. Lately it has been working more often than not, so perhaps it is being worked on. The trades that I noticed it most with were patricksb4 (508256) and ktcardshop (505684). A couple of times, it would kick me out after I had gotten in successfully, then added some cards, then tried to change the page. Like I said previously, the error being given (not through the UI - only when inspecting the response of the AJAX call) is an Internal Server Error 500.

Please understand that this is a real issue even though it does not seem to affect everyone. When combined with the other inefficiencies of the current trading system (looking for wants, manually updating collections, double-checking to make sure cards are really available for trade, etc.), the process of creating and executing trades is getting to where it just isn't worth the investment of time.