Beckett Message Boards
OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders (/thread-1437493.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - jncdrew - 05-06-2011

I am sure this has crossed everyones mind at one point or another, but does scotch tape on a toploader drive anyone else crazy or have I fallen off my rocker? I have been trying to do some scanning and spending 20-30 minutes a card trying to get the tape of a toploader cause i am out of new ones and want a decent scan. Not to mention my lcs is an hour away and they start adding up after awhile having to replace them all the time. I am gulity of doing the same thing or sending cards in toploaders that have tape on them from wherever I got them. Personally and if enough people agree, I think we should do away with the scotch tape on the toploader and use blue masking tape. I have seen a select group of members use this and it is wonderful. Comes right off and no sticky mess to deal with. Please everyone leave your opinion and lets see if we can put a stop to this madness! Thanks for reading.

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - deuce6000 - 05-06-2011

Sounds like a good Idea to me. Gonna go write it on the shopping list now.

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - patsfan129 - 05-06-2011

idk about the blue masking tape though, seems to come off a little bit, well not that easy. idk, just what I observed lol. but I agree about the scotch tape although I used to use it.

I was gonna write it on the list and my girlfriend told me we had Painters tape that you tape around the edges so you don't get paint on the baseboards and such I think it is the exact same thing right? I'm gonna use that from now on.

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - rogue655 - 05-06-2011

i agree i hate scotch tape. i actually started using black electric tape just because i have way too much (thats what happens when you work for and electric and lighting company)

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - bakerman8419 - 05-06-2011

Some brands of scotch tape work perfectly. Like the actual name brand of scotch works well. I too hate crappy top loaders in return with a trade whether its cracked, scratched, taped up etc. but you cant expect everyone to have tip top cases to mail cards out so I just deal with it as Im guilty of it myself.

painters tape is great but it will take a revolution for everyone to agree with it.

While we are on it I have two complaints lol.

I hate when people jam a jersey card in a top loader one size too small or one size too big. Cant you find the right size? I cant tell you how tight some cards have been in the past and how many cards just fell out.

And those crappy folding cases that hold maybe 10 cards...I hate those with a passion and we should all just throw out what we have of them cuz they always bend the corners!!!

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - mrgonzodad - 05-06-2011

The green stuff is the best by far. But expensive. If you guys go get some blue stuff, spend the extra couple bucks and buy 3M brand. Peels off easier than generic blue tape.
If I had one more redemption from panini I was going send the bozos a roll of blue tape, lol.
I blame Hackler.

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - Duchovny2 - 05-06-2011

I wrote a thread years ago about how much I hated scotch tape on toploaders and got rheamed about it. Im glad to see Im not alone

Or you can put those decoy white things on each side of the toploaders then put the tape on them. That works too and is what I have been doing. Will run out of those soon so it will be onto the blue painters tape.

RE: OT-Scotch tape on toploaders - ejnfl24 - 05-06-2011

I hate it too!!!