Beckett Message Boards
Looking for these Members (UPDATED 01/08/2024) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-54.html)
+---- Thread: Looking for these Members (UPDATED 01/08/2024) (/thread-1424840.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - spazmatastic - 08-02-2011

(08-01-2011, 10:48 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: I really hate to see people get burned.
I think the person that dosent send in the trade should get ONE week to respond and give a valid reason then Make it up plus interest or face permanent ban.

That is basically what happens. But sometimes odd things happen to someone and they have to be given a chance to explain or redeem themselves. Especially if they were great members for a long time. I still don't know how rimcdonald ended up on the list. He was such a great member for soooooo long.
I have been ripped off only ONCE in over 170 trades, so I feel that I've been pretty lucky. BUT, the one person who ripped me off had completed other trades with me before he went bad. It seems that the best member can go bad real fast if life screws them over. They feel they are getting something back that way or that it is their ONLY option.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - Marinoisking - 08-02-2011

I do understand everything in your explanation and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Maybe it is the way I was raised or maybe its my conscious, I just couldn't ever do that to somebody that for all I know is going through more adversity than I myself am.
I am also a very open-minded person and I understand I have not been put in the situations a lot of people have. At my age I haven't had to deal with a wife and kids and a mortgage. Nonetheless, We all face trials and tribulations and handle them differently. I guess it is wrong to judge someone when we haven't walked in their shoes.
Although under no circumstances do I find it OK to deceive a persons trust.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - deuce6000 - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 01:14 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: I do understand everything in your explanation and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Maybe it is the way I was raised or maybe its my conscious, I just couldn't ever do that to somebody that for all I know is going through more adversity than I myself am.
I am also a very open-minded person and I understand I have not been put in the situations a lot of people have. At my age I haven't had to deal with a wife and kids and a mortgage. Nonetheless, We all face trials and tribulations and handle them differently. I guess it is wrong to judge someone when we haven't walked in their shoes.
Although under no circumstances do I find it OK to deceive a persons trust.

Umm if they ripped someone off they are losers period. I don't care what's going on in there life. More people should be like you.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - Marinoisking - 08-02-2011

Well that is kinda the point I was trying to make while at the same time trying to express that I understand some things in life I simply haven't experienced so it would be nothing but speculation to say how I would act in said circumstances.
Take a Liberal, raise him in church,send him to college to study Anthropology and Political Science,read every beat generation book,fall in love with football and music. You get me. haha

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - spazmatastic - 08-02-2011

I STILL have NO sympathy for the one guy that ripped me off!!! I don't care what happened in his life that caused him to decide to rip some people off of their cards. He didn't respond or give an excuse, he just blatantly ripped off a few members.
I do think that some longtime good members should be allowed to explain themselves though. If they screwed up (or got screwed up), they should have a chance to regain the respect they once had.
However, others shouldn't have had the opportunity to do anything here after screwing over others the 1st time. Hardcount shouldn't have been given a 2nd chance b/c he had no reason for his inability to reply as well as a couple other members that are back on here but shouldn't be allowed to trade. If you two want to know who I am talking about, PM me. I have a VERY short DNT list, but almost all are back and still allowed to trade with their original UN.

What I am saying goes along the lines with what you have just stated.
I would not have sympathy for someone that just flat out planned it all along to the 1st degree ripped me off.
I do ,however, think that good people can get put in bad situations and have bad things come up.In that instance I would be willing to listen to what they had to say and give them the chance to make it up to me.(not chronically)Said person would also have to be someone that already had my respect and trust to even have the chance of redemption.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 7/30/11) - floydtown - 08-05-2011

Latest trend is members with zero posts trying to trade in PMs. One so far has been ripped off and another reported it to me so I was able to ban that account due to him being on the banned list.
I dont get many requests to check out addresses to see if they are banned members, but welcome them.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 8/22/11) - jonathani - 08-24-2011

bosoxfan1971 received what he asked for from me (two autos, and I do not have a lot to spare) months ago and will not make good on his end after repeated pleas. First he claimed it was lost in the mail--over $200 worth of cards with no tracking number. Then he sent some of what he owed me, but none of it could be graded at the "Mint" level he claimed. I am not being overly picky here: The centering was often awful, and one card was actually creased! Incidentally, he noted that he received my end almost immediately without problem and has refused to leave me feedback. One can only assume he is waiting to see what I say about him first. It is currently a stalemate, and I do not have enough trades to ignore bad feedback. I hoped not to add him to this list.

JonathanI

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 9/1/11) - spazmatastic - 09-02-2011

adamdkaras is on the list AGAIN?!?!?! I do believe this is the THIRD time he has been on the no-contact or banned list. He should be banned forever.

RE: Looking for these Members (updated as of 9/2/11) - floydtown - 09-02-2011

Thanks for reminding me