Beckett Message Boards
What To Do With Base Cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Collectibles (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: What To Do With Base Cards? (/thread-1360709.html)

Pages: 1 2

What To Do With Base Cards? - duckangelfan - 12-04-2010 11:01 PM

Does anyone have any idea what to do with base cards? Theres only a handful of collectors who seek them anymore. I have thousands but feel that throwing them out is just a waste after all the time and effort I put into organizing them.

What To Do With Base Cards? - cptnemo66 - 12-05-2010 09:12 AM

I enter every card I have into organize. I have made a bunch of trades for cards I thought no body would want.<br />

What To Do With Base Cards? - hgyt - 12-05-2010 05:35 PM

see your in box

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - dcwalt - 05-05-2012 06:00 AM

[quote='duckangelfan' pid='1360709' dateline='1291525260']
Does anyone have any idea what to do with base cards? Theres only a handful of collectors who seek them anymore. I have thousands but feel that throwing them out is just a waste after all the time and effort I put into organizing them.
[/quot

You can help me in a project that i try and do every year. I make packages with 10 cards in each and at Christmas i'll hand them out to Shrinner Kids and now this year i had more donations, now i can try making my fellow Veterans smile. When i was the Judge Adjuatant i put a motion to hand out socks at Christmas. It was great. So being i only collected certain players of my team. I asked a few of the card stores seeking help. I had a couple of ebay sellers donate already. I have about 300 packages so far. If you would like to donate and make a Child or Vet smile contact me or just take them to a hospital thats close to you. Go Cowboys

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - jonathani - 05-09-2012 01:38 PM

(05-05-2012 06:00 AM)dcwalt Wrote:  [quote='duckangelfan' pid='1360709' dateline='1291525260']
[/quot

You can help me in a project that i try and do every year. I make packages with 10 cards in each and at Christmas i'll hand them out to Shrinner Kids and now this year i had more donations, now i can try making my fellow Veterans smile. When i was the Judge Adjuatant i put a motion to hand out socks at Christmas. It was great. So being i only collected certain players of my team. I asked a few of the card stores seeking help. I had a couple of ebay sellers donate already. I have about 300 packages so far. If you would like to donate and make a Child or Vet smile contact me or just take them to a hospital thats close to you. Go Cowboys

Mine go into my Organize first, and then they move to Harbor House a couple times a year.

Remember that what you do not want, however, someone may cherish.

JonathanI

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - veteran - 05-11-2012 12:50 PM

i collect all and any base, granted it depends on what someone is looking in return for them and what they are sending, but i will trade for any base, the more the better of any sport/non sport/ etc.

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - madhatter74 - 05-26-2012 05:48 PM

I'm a big base card collector.... looking for someone to take them off your hands?

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - mpc2876 - 06-19-2012 06:32 PM

If you have any Henderson base cards I would be very willing to trade you for them.

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - slotman11 - 06-22-2012 03:43 PM

donate them.... make a kids day for sure...

RE: What To Do With Base Cards? - mikeschlueter783 - 07-30-2012 08:41 PM

I just went through two boxes and pulled out probably $200 in rookies that were nobodies a couple years ago.
Keep them.
Or sell them as a lot.