Beckett Message Boards
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... (/thread-1456545.html)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - jaykayzee - 10-08-2011

(10-08-2011, 07:41 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: [Image: 2001-02UDMaskCollectionGreatGloves.jpg]

I love that glove piece!!

btw - N O G O A L ! ! ! !

>COUGH< footinthecrease. >COUGH<

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - bguzowski16 - 10-08-2011

The glove is not a "jersey" or emblem" but I think it a sweet card. 2 colors and stitching!!

No Goal? What do you mean? He put the puck in the back of the net........

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - bonnev659 - 10-08-2011

(10-08-2011, 08:11 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: The glove is not a "jersey" or emblem" but I think it a sweet card. 2 colors and stitching!!

No Goal? What do you mean? He put the puck in the back of the net........

there is a shirt saying Brett Hull is a cheater with a foot in the crease as the picture. i haven't seen it at any stores to buy one for a friend

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - bguzowski16 - 10-08-2011

LOL, thats a great shirt.

Too bad for Buffalo fans, but he had control of the puck when his foot was in the crease. LOL.

GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - iluvladies5015 - 10-08-2011

Doesn't matter if he had control of it or not you can't have any part of your body in the crease at the time anyway. Maybe some Bruins fans can help me. I want to say it was 1998 Playoffs and the Bruins were playing the Washington Capitals in the playoffs and it was in OT when the Bruins scored. Everyone thought it was a good goal. Then the check the replay and find Dave Taylors foot on the other side of the crease away from the goalie. The goal was disallowed and Joe Juneau ended up scoring the game winner and the series clincher for the Capitals later in OT.

That was a no goal by Hull, but it was a great finish to a long game.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - bimola - 10-08-2011

Ummm....this just got a WHOLE lot harder to vote (which I didn't think was possible)!!!!

According to the rules at the time, I agree that it was no goal. But since Brett Hull is my favorite player of all time, and he scored the game winner, it was a fantastic moment. I stayed up all night to watch the game. What a finish!!!

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - bonnev659 - 10-08-2011

(10-08-2011, 09:04 AM)bimola Wrote: Ummm....this just got a WHOLE lot harder to vote (which I didn't think was possible)!!!!

i know that is why I do this, grab the ones you like, write it down and pull it out of a hat...
(10-08-2011, 08:53 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: LOL, thats a great shirt.

Too bad for Buffalo fans, but he had control of the puck when his foot was in the crease. LOL.

GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!

found the picture
[Image: bretthull_mens.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(come vote for: NHL All-Star/Nat'l Teams, pg. 89) - ricebondsmntna2young - 10-08-2011

Well I've given up counting who voted for whom, largely because I'm lost in the most impressive display of patches I think I've ever seen. I know it's a relatively small pond here at Beckett.com but you guys really outdid yourselves.

There are, what 40-50 indisputable winners this round so congrats to everyone.

I doubt anyone'd object to giving scarrman the honor of taking us back to our regularly scheduled sick patch programming, so the next pick is yours.

Teams Remaining:
Wild
Sabres
Rangers
Coyotes/Jets
Canucks
Bruins
Blues

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Scarrman picks a team, pg.93) - bonnev659 - 10-08-2011

I agree with that,

congrats to all those nasty patches