Beckett Message Boards
My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection (/thread-776256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 10-13-2009

G MO Wrote:Wendy...you trip me out! Nice collection!!! Great job!!! Can't explain it any better than, wow!!!<br />
G Mo
<br />
Thanks G Mo!! I'm really enjoying this new part of my collection. I have a ton of stuff to scan and put up, but have been distracted with other things. I actually want to get my 08 Absolutes up tonight for everyone to see before I sell them off. <br />
<br />
Thanks for the bump NineOf!!<br />
<br />
&lt;font color=orange&gt;&lt;b&gt;HOOK'EM!!&lt;/font color=orange&gt;&lt;/b&gt;

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - weslamb - 10-13-2009

hope your boy wins the Heisman this year!! great &amp; sick collection! Smile me and the wife love your collections and your personality keep up the good work. <br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 10-18-2009

&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;Just wanted to recognize Jasper Howard in my thread. It wasn't the top story of the day due to the NFL games, but this young man was stabbed to death on the UConn campus overnight. He was only 20 and was expecting a child. This is such a senseless tragedy for his immediate family as well as the UConn family...&nbsp; <br />
<br />
[Image: alg_jasper-howard.jpg]<br />
<br />
Rest in peace young man. Once a Husky, always a Husky.<br />
I'm guessing most of you have never been to the UConn campus, but this is completely unfathomable. The campus is literally in the middle of nowhere surrounded by corn fields and 45 minutes from Hartford. Just unreal...&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />
<br />
Here's the story from ESPN.com:<br />
<p>STORRS, Conn. -- A <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=41">Connecticut</a> football player who was an expectant father was stabbed to death early Sunday after an on-campus dance, just hours after helping his team to a homecoming victory.</p><p>Jasper Howard, 20, of Miami, and another student were stabbed during a fight after a fire alarm was pulled during a university sanctioned dance at the UConn Student Union just after 12:30 a.m., police said.</p><p>Police had not identified a suspect or released the name of the other victim.</p><p>Connecticut coach Randy Edsall said the team was heartbroken and devastated over the loss of Howard, a junior and the team's starting cornerback who came to the school to get away from the violence on the streets of his hometown. He became the first person in his family to go to college.</p><p>"I know this," Edsall said, his eyes red and welling with tears, "he loved UConn; he loved his teammates; he loved everything about this."</p><p>Edsall said Howard's death was especially tragic, because he was about to become a father. No additional information about the expectant mother, identified by Edsall as Howard's girlfriend, was provided by police or the university.</p><p>Joanglia Howard said she got news of her son's death about 4 a.m., and described him as a "good kid" who never got into trouble.</p><p>"All I wanted him to do was go to school and get an education, and he was doing what I asked him to do," she told WSVN-TV in Miami.</p><p>The coach gathered his team at its training facility at 6 a.m. to deliver the news.</p><p>"As Jazz looks down on us, I can promise him and his family, that son or daughter will have 105 uncles," punter Desi Cullen, a team captain,said at an afternoon news conference. "And we will do what it takes to not get through this, but to grow from it."</p><p>UConn Police Major Ronald Blicher said this is the first homicide at the university in the more than 30 years he has been associated with the school.</p><br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - mik253 - 10-18-2009

Wow, that really is to bad. RIP Jasper.<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - weslamb - 10-19-2009

Damn! Just Sad.... Sad <br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - nineof - 10-19-2009

Ricky Williams 34 Wrote:&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;Just wanted to recognize Jasper Howard in my thread. It wasn't the top story of the day due to the NFL games, but this young man was stabbed to death on the UConn campus overnight. He was only 20 and was expecting a child. This is such a senseless tragedy for his immediate family as well as the UConn family... [Image: alg_jasper-howard.jpg]Rest in peace young man. Once a Husky, always a Husky.I'm guessing most of you have never been to the UConn campus, but this is completely unfathomable. The campus is literally in the middle of nowhere surrounded by corn fields and 45 minutes from Hartford. Just unreal...&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;Here's the story from ESPN.com: STORRS, Conn. -- A Connecticut football player who was an expectant father was stabbed to death early Sunday after an on-campus dance, just hours after helping his team to a homecoming victory. Jasper Howard, 20, of Miami, and another student were stabbed during a fight after a fire alarm was pulled during a university sanctioned dance at the UConn Student Union just after 12:30 a.m., police said. Police had not identified a suspect or released the name of the other victim. Connecticut coach Randy Edsall said the team was heartbroken and devastated over the loss of Howard, a junior and the team's starting cornerback who came to the school to get away from the violence on the streets of his hometown. He became the first person in his family to go to college. "I know this," Edsall said, his eyes red and welling with tears, "he loved UConn; he loved his teammates; he loved everything about this." Edsall said Howard's death was especially tragic, because he was about to become a father. No additional information about the expectant mother, identified by Edsall as Howard's girlfriend, was provided by police or the university. Joanglia Howard said she got news of her son's death about 4 a.m., and described him as a "good kid" who never got into trouble. "All I wanted him to do was go to school and get an education, and he was doing what I asked him to do," she told WSVN-TV in Miami. The coach gathered his team at its training facility at 6 a.m. to deliver the news. "As Jazz looks down on us, I can promise him and his family, that son or daughter will have 105 uncles," punter Desi Cullen, a team captain,said at an afternoon news conference. "And we will do what it takes to not get through this, but to grow from it." UConn Police Major Ronald Blicher said this is the first homicide at the university in the more than 30 years he has been associated with the school.
<br />
I saw that story and forgot to ask you if you saw it. What a tragic waste...

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 10-20-2009

&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;After some thought and discussion, I thought I'd put up the rest of my Donald Brown game used in honor of Jasper Howard. Here goes:<br />
<br />
RPM Prime /25, Stargazing small patch /50, oversize patch /25, jersey number /10<br />
[Image: img350.jpg]<br />
<br />
College Materials Jersey /10, Prime /10, Brand Logo /5, NFL Shield /5<br />
[Image: img351.jpg]<br />
<br />
War Room small patch /50, jersey number /10, Donruss Threads patch /25, R&amp;S Oversize Prime Patch /5<br />
[Image: img352.jpg]<br />
<br />
SPx patch /25, Triple jersey /15, Bowman Refractor /199, Quad jersey /20<br />
[Image: img353.jpg]<br />
<br />
Enjoy them. I still have a few coming in, but will move ahead to the Texas game used first followed by the new Texas and then UConn autos.&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - nineof - 10-20-2009

Beautiful cards, Ricky Williams 34! The Absolute Memorabilia card with the oversize swatch AND football is awesome. That's the first time I've seen one of those cards. I like that alot! I love the "U CONN" cut cards as well. Geez, I really like ALL the cards you posted. Lol. Big time update!!

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 10-20-2009

NineOf Wrote:Beautiful cards, Ricky Williams 34! The Absolute Memorabilia card with the oversize swatch AND football is awesome. That's the first time I've seen one of those cards. I like that alot! I love the "U CONN" cut cards as well. Geez, I really like ALL the cards you posted. Lol. Big time update!!
<br />
Thanks NineOf! I like the oversize prime RPM too, but wish some of his blue jersey was showing along with the giant patch. The UConn cards make me happiest!! Smile<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - bsp5724 - 10-20-2009

I see who is taking all my Absolute cards, but atleast they are going to another great collection.