Beckett Message Boards
altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 2-4 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 2-4 (/thread-1567984.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: altz11's BGS Jordan collection UPDATED 12-9 - altz11 - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 07:47 AM)dale12 Wrote: No plans on getting the others graded - I would hate for them to be lost/damaged in transit

I understand. But just to let you know, I've sent in about 5 different batches of cards to BGS and not one of them was ever lost or damaged.

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - altz11 - 12-11-2014

for whatever reason I can only post 5 scans at a time. Does anyone know how to post pictures like normal people do? lol. Most people have tons of pictures on their threads, how do I post like that?

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - buckunteer - 12-12-2014

you have to upload your pics to photobucket, then copy and paste the IMG link. Could definitely use a couple of those MJs, btw. The RC is iconic!! Congrats man.

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - altz11 - 12-13-2014

(12-12-2014, 11:34 PM)buckunteer Wrote: you have to upload your pics to photobucket, then copy and paste the IMG link. Could definitely use a couple of those MJs, btw. The RC is iconic!! Congrats man.

Thanks buckunteer!
I don't currently have a photobucket account, not sure I want to sign up for one just to be able to post a few more pics. I'll probably just switch the old pics out every few weeks or when I get a new card. Thanks for the tip though, maybe someday I'll do the photobucket thing.

Btw buck, I think I'm catching up to you on the registry lol. unfortunately, it's just a numbers game and the rarity or value of the cards aren't added into the rankings, otherwise I wouldn't stand a chance...you got some sick cards!!

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - buckunteer - 12-13-2014

thanks man I appreciate that! I see some of the ridiculous collections above me though and just wonder where people get that much coin to spend on a hobby. I have trouble finding nice enough MJs, and even if I pick up a nice one here and there, I only send in cards to be graded about once every 8-10 months because I've always got a TON sitting around I wanna send in!

It's gotten a lot tougher too as I've focused more on my Mitch Richmond PC the last 18 months or so. Love having my rare Mitches graded out, so the MJs have fallen by the wayside. Us budget-minded collectors will keep plugging away though!

And that MJ RC trumps just about every MJ I have combined man don't sell yourself short!

EDIT: Just remembered I bought 4 graded MJs on ebay about a year ago that I can't get in my registry because they're in the other guys' registry that sold them to me. He can't remember his password to get in and change it anymore so they're in my collection but not in there. I gotta figure out how to get those in my registry to stay ahead of you for now haha Wink

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - sonic311 - 12-13-2014

Did I call the grade on the MJ RC or what? lol Congrats on all the grades!
You should create a photobucket account so that you can share all your pictures/scans at once not 5 at a time.
Instead of swaping your pics on the 1st post maybe add them on the latest one as you go to keep a timeline.

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-11 Sub results - altz11 - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 12:03 PM)buckunteer Wrote: EDIT: Just remembered I bought 4 graded MJs on ebay about a year ago that I can't get in my registry because they're in the other guys' registry that sold them to me. He can't remember his password to get in and change it anymore so they're in my collection but not in there. I gotta figure out how to get those in my registry to stay ahead of you for now haha Wink

That's an easy fix. Just go into the "beckett graded registry" thread at the bottom of the forum, then go into the "forced removal" thread and tell Jeff the moderator what cards you have, you may have to post a picture showing the front (including serial #) and back of the cards showing that you have them in your possession. Jeff will then take the cards off the other guys' registry and you will be able to add them to your registry.

I wish beckett would get the compete aspect of the registry in gear. Is that ever going to happen??
(12-13-2014, 02:36 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Did I call the grade on the MJ RC or what? lol Congrats on all the grades!
You should create a photobucket account so that you can share all your pictures/scans at once not 5 at a time.
Instead of swaping your pics on the 1st post maybe add them on the latest one as you go to keep a timeline.

lol you called it man! I was very surprised when I first saw the results of the card, and I immediately thought of your post about it being a 6-7. Looking at the card now, I think the 7 is well deserving. The corners are actually very sharp, it's just the surface on the corners that is liked rubbed off or something, and the centering is obviously off too...
I probably will wait to create the photobucket account, but I am going to try your idea of posting scans in each new post. These are some more cards from my submission. Here goes...

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-17 - altz11 - 12-17-2014

Another mail day. Just received this card today. Again, not a big dollar card but it is an early MJ insert and one I want for my collection.
The inserts sure weren't pretty back in the late 80's and early 90's but still cool to collect.

91-92 Hoops Supreme Court

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-17 - arabiansnowgriz - 12-18-2014

Nice collection! Always like seeing some of his older stuff. Keep it up.

RE: altz11's Jordan collection UPDATED 12-17 - pingbling23 - 12-18-2014

Nice Jordans, keep this thread alive for years to come, youll enjoy looking back on it and seeing how your collection has progressed.