`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Break: 2003 Fleer Patchworks

Retro Break: 2003 Fleer Patchworks
It's very odd to call any "post 2000" box break as "retro", but they pretty much are at this point. I uploaded my 2000 Fleer Focus hobby box yesterday and I didn't want to pretend I didn't open a few others prematurely.

So here's 2003 Fleer Patchworks. There's not a whole lot to show from this box, so I doubled down on 2 different base card scans of stars/HOF. Looking at baseballcardpedia, Any inserts above and beyond what I show seemed to be very SP based on boxes produced. The box itself is 24 - 5 card packs (Seems like a lot of wasted foil, huh?) Here we go!

"Base Refresher" (featuring the Killer B's!)
[Image: 36526258085_651c729656.jpg]
[Image: 36526256635_8f22d36bea.jpg]

National Pastime insert (seeded 1:6 packs, but featured 6 variations of each card that were game-used and numbered /200, /100, /75, /50, /25, 1of1):
[Image: 36388849921_023d74cd90.jpg]

Numbers Game insert (Only other I picked up in this box) Seeded 1:12, these 2 were what I should've expected in a 24 pack box. Game used versions were seeded 1:33 and Patch versions were numbered to /300. I didn't luck out on a GU, just got base:
[Image: 36526256795_d55a2ea72e.jpg]

Kind of a yawner, but I know a few of you like these older product posts. Thanks for looking!

RE: Retro Break: 2003 Fleer Patchworks
Awesome stuff again! I love those numbers game inserts. The game used versions are great, and the patch versions were awesome. I really liked they way that the patch version were a parallel to the regular game used. Back in those days it made the hunt for patches more special. Nowadays, we just expect a 6 color patch on every game used card.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I love that the way my scan worked out made the Randy Johnson insert look like a bigger card lol. The numbers game cards are sweet, but you can totally tell from about this era on which cards have game used alternate versions. (2012 Topps will be that proof)

Great looking cards. Never had the chance to opened that product. Thanks for sharing.

A blast from the past. Sorry it wasn't a better box, but still it was pretty interesting. Glad you took the time to scan and post ... any HOF collector would be happy getting all those more recent inductees.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Again, these cards look way better than any crap produced today! You've really inspired me to open some older wax.

The shop I went to yesterday has a sealed box of 1993 Score, 1995 Zenith, & 1996 Leaf Limited that I have my eyes on.

Which one should I buy?!?
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I'd be all over the Score and Leaf for sure!

(08-13-2017, 12:21 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Again, these cards look way better than any crap produced today! You've really inspired me to open some older wax.

The shop I went to yesterday has a sealed box of 1993 Score, 1995 Zenith, & 1996 Leaf Limited that I have my eyes on.

Which one should I buy?!?
Any of those would be good, although I'd probably go for the Leaf Limited.

This is also making me want to get some older wax to open as well. I like to collect sealed boxes, but maybe I could bust into one. Or buy one...... I found a shop recently that had a bunch of older stuff like this..... Maybe I should pay another visit.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Amazing, the Jeter insert you pulled I don't have. This is the first one in a long time that's been pulled and I don't have. Usually the relics I don't have. If you're interested in trading the Numbers Game Jeter, check my org out please. In fact if you want to trade both of the Jeters, check me out. Thanks, I never opened these either (Fleer usually my top pick) so I enjoyed looking at your pulls.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(08-13-2017, 09:48 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: Any of those would be good, although I'd probably go for the Leaf Limited.

This is also making me want to get some older wax to open as well. I like to collect sealed boxes, but maybe I could bust into one. Or buy one...... I found a shop recently that had a bunch of older stuff like this..... Maybe I should pay another visit.
He wants $54 for the Leaf Limited box. I would pay no more than $25!

Thinking the 1993 Score would be a good purchase. At the very least I should get a Jeter RC! Plus these cards won't be stuck together because they are not glossy like everything else in that era.

I had to throw away all of the 1996 Pinnacle cards because of this reason.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars