`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1969 O J Simpson Rookie card

1969 O J Simpson Rookie card
I have a unusual O J Simpson rookie Card, after searching extensively on the web I only found 2 people who had a similar card, and they were stumped on what they had. it has the same graphics as the 1970 rookie card, OJ's pic with a banner and a football in the lower right hand corner, but is a 1969 card With Rookie in the banner instead of the Buffallo Bills and lacking the running back designation printed on the football in the lower right corner. from what I understand the info on the back is different, but havent got a 70's card to compare. Would like to know what I have, the card is mint with nice even borders and has been in a protective sleeve since it was purchased in 1969. so is it a rare old card or a rare old forgery? I would appreciate any info anyone might have cause my curiosity is getting the better of meSmile

I found an image of the back of the number 90, 1970 card, and compared it to this card.The text and info are the same, but the Graphics are different.

RE: 1969 O J Simpson Rookie card
Most of the football collectors don't read the vintage threads. I would repost this in the football forum and add a front and back pic of what you have for reference. Hopefully someone there will be able to help.

(07-25-2011, 03:30 PM)anamaxis Wrote: I have a unusual O J Simpson rookie Card, after searching extensively on the web I only found 2 people who had a similar card, and they were stumped on what they had. it has the same graphics as the 1970 rookie card, OJ's pic with a banner and a football in the lower right hand corner, but is a 1969 card With Rookie in the banner instead of the Buffallo Bills and lacking the running back designation printed on the football in the lower right corner. from what I understand the info on the back is different, but havent got a 70's card to compare. Would like to know what I have, the card is mint with nice even borders and has been in a protective sleeve since it was purchased in 1969. so is it a rare old card or a rare old forgery? I would appreciate any info anyone might have cause my curiosity is getting the better of meSmile

I found an image of the back of the number 90, 1970 card, and compared it to this card.The text and info are the same, but the Graphics are different.
I have the same O.J Simpson Rookie card myself, have you found any new info about it since 2011?

i have a 1970 Oj card, and interested in seeing what card you have here? Show the pics!!
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(06-20-2015, 01:27 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: i have a 1970 Oj card, and interested in seeing what card you have here? Show the pics!!

(06-20-2015, 01:27 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: i have a 1970 Oj card, and interested in seeing what card you have here? Show the pics!!

Attached Files
.pdf   OJ 1.pdf (Size: 69.37 KB / Downloads: 48)
.pdf   OJ 2 backside.pdf (Size: 93.46 KB / Downloads: 19)

That looks to me to be either a modern issue "Broder", meaning an unlicensed reprint made by a collector or inserted into a magazine as a bonus. The lack of copyright info on the back says to me an unlicensed reprint.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(03-25-2016, 08:38 AM)scottzoe Wrote: That looks to me to be either a modern issue "Broder", meaning an unlicensed reprint made by a collector or inserted into a magazine as a bonus. The lack of copyright info on the back says to me an unlicensed reprint.

Scott
Yes scott, I compared it to the original O.J Simpson Rookie and I noticed mine does not have any #90 printed on it...Counterfeit or Reproduction.
Not familiar with cards but am going to look into pre rookie cards to see if they are numbered or not..either way im thinking the same thing..counterfeit or reproduction..I have had this card 30 years and has never left its sleeve..heartbreaking.