`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??

RE: BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??
So, I'm curious... what would make you decide which ones you would keeep raw, or get graded? I have many '50's and early '60's cards I am not sure what I should do with. I am contemplating getting a few garded...but which ones? Some in pretty good condition i would think for their age, but I would like any info from you guys. Graded or Raw??? Or does it matter?

I have a question maybe you guys with more experience could answer!! How does Beckett handle "roller marks" on their grading?? On vintage cards in particular?? Thanks for and answers or advice..

Adam

(10-02-2015, 06:59 PM)ajl4 Wrote: I have a question maybe you guys with more experience could answer!! How does Beckett handle "roller marks" on their grading?? On vintage cards in particular?? Thanks for and answers or advice..

Adam
They would be taken into consideration when looking at the surface of the card and generally would hurt the overall grade.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(07-09-2012, 02:26 AM)ger12 Wrote: So, I'm curious... what would make you decide which ones you would keeep raw, or get graded? I have many '50's and early '60's cards I am not sure what I should do with. I am contemplating getting a few garded...but which ones? Some in pretty good condition i would think for their age, but I would like any info from you guys. Graded or Raw??? Or does it matter?
If you can afford it, I would have any and all vintage cards graded, no matter the condition...this preserves them for many future generations to come. If youre just trying to make some profit off the cards then you would want to be sure the card is worth getting graded...checking to see if they are short print, of course the stars and most semi-stars in good shape are always worth grading.
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

I sent in close to 50 vintage cards from the 60's to get graded. Most were baseball which I feel holds the best value. Most were BVG 5.5, 6.0, and several 7.0 so that is worth the risk.
I sent in mostly HOF'ers but also did a few personal favorites from favorite teams.
Because i'd kept these cards in somewhat decent shape for 50 years it was worth it.