Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wrap your head around this...

Wrap your head around this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-PANINI-IMMA...2c9a1063e0

So a 4th string WR gets released by the team who drafted him, then signed a contract for 29 million dollars less than he did just 2 years ago and is out selling EVERY OTHER WR IN THE LEAGUE??

I MUST not be the only one who likes him..clearly

Unreal...

RE: Wrap your head around this...
There's some big time Dolphins collectors here and at least one major Hartline guy in particular.

(04-26-2015, 01:05 AM)jplarson Wrote: There's some big time Dolphins collectors here and at least one major Hartline guy in particular.
I will give you that the dolphin guys are a different breed of collector! But I think it's funny that someone has gotten EVERY single letterman patch of Hartline that has popped up (2013 Nat Treasures, 2014 Immaculate) but yet others think they still have a chance at this one... They're not even in the game...

Go Browns! Wink

(04-26-2015, 06:04 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: I will give you that the dolphin guys are a different breed of collector! But I think it's funny that someone has gotten EVERY single letterman patch of Hartline that has popped up (2013 Nat Treasures, 2014 Immaculate) but yet others think they still have a chance at this one... They're not even in the game...

Go Browns! Wink
"I will give you that the dolphin guys are a different breed of collector!" --- so what are you saying ?…..hehe

I can tell you without a doubt that I never bid on a hardline unless its going way too cheap to pass up in the last few mins of the auction i.e.: i will not pass up printing plates and very low #'ed for 10-15$ shipped …

also the same with Bush, wakes and millers out of respect for the the guys I know who pc them ….

90% of my rare stuff of those guys comes from trades or local shows and the LCS's i visit …. and are always for trade to the "Rightful" owners if they want em

just my 2 cents

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-26-2015, 06:30 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: "I will give you that the dolphin guys are a different breed of collector!" --- so what are you saying ?…..hehe

I can tell you without a doubt that I never bid on a hardline unless its going way too cheap to pass up in the last few mins of the auction i.e.: i will not pass up printing plates and very low #'ed for 10-15$ shipped …

also the same with Bush, wakes and millers out of respect for the the guys I know who pc them ….

90% of my rare stuff of those guys comes from trades or local shows and the LCS's i visit …. and are always for trade to the "Rightful" owners if they want em

just my 2 cents
Lol, what I mean by a different breed of collector is a version of me giving "props" to all the dolphins guys, also me being one...(RIP 2014)

As for me, it's hard bc 99% of my Hartline PC is purchased online. I don't have card shows or shops around that are worth time. And when I do go or visit the shop that's over an hour away, they never have anything.

Having around 600+ uniques and 50+ 1/1s, it's hard to wrap around some prices on certain cards, that H, for $120. I have 3 others and spent $140 total. Lol so it's just funny what people deem must have, they are all 1/1, so every letter is just as important as the others!

Try this one….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221740094960?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

who's gonna pay that price? I would probably pay the highest out of anyone for it and have to think about it at 100$ never mind the buy it now price

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-26-2015, 07:38 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Try this one….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221740094960?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

who's gonna pay that price? I would probably pay the highest out of anyone for it and have to think about it at 100$ never mind the buy it now price
That is pretty ridiculous. It's so hard to believe both sides of that coin though. 1) the seller is really that out if tune with the market, 2) he knows the market but thinks he can convince a handful of PC collectors to spend 1000% value lol?

Oh and btw, I guess that Hartline collector won't be denied those nameplate patches..Wink

Paying 20x book value for a 5th wide receiver who has FOUR 100 yard games in his last 40 professional appearances is mind-boggling to me EVEN as a supporter of player collectors, set builders, etc...

My reasoning, there will be 37 different Brian Hartlines come along for the Dolphins in the next 10-15 years, and if this is the market people are setting for themselves, then they have to live in their little self-created hyperinflation player collector ecosystem.

- Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

(04-26-2015, 07:06 PM)axlgast Wrote: Paying 20x book value for a 5th wide receiver who has FOUR 100 yard games in his last 40 professional appearances is mind-boggling to me EVEN as a supporter of player collectors, set builders, etc...

My reasoning, there will be 37 different Brian Hartlines come along for the Dolphins in the next 10-15 years, and if this is the market people are setting for themselves, then they have to live in their little self-created hyperinflation player collector ecosystem.

- Kms
I agree to extent, but 3 different buyers had bids over 120$..

Dolphins' fans are bound by fanaticism at its greatest. Since becoming the ONLY undefeated team in history (Sorry, Tommy, 18-1 didn't get it done) and savoring the Marino era we've encountered some rough times. Growing up in S. Florida during the 70's and 80's I didn't have ANYTHING but the Dolphins, thus the nuttiness. I don't think there's a fan base out there that is more overly optimistic while being used to being constantly disappointed. When a dude with the heart of a Brian Hartline comes along, he's instantly loved. He was my favorite over the past 5 years for sure.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --