Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Super Collector Probs: Summer '14

RE: Super Collector Probs: Summer '14
Thanks everyone for the responses, I'm going to look at comc soon
(08-24-2014, 03:39 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: First, great guy to collect. Off the top of my head, the ONLY great draft pick Ireland made. Likely the most under rated WR in the NFL.
For commons comc is by far the way to go, good pricing and you can see what you're getting very clearly. I do feel sorry for guys trying to put together a modern master set because it's going to be close to impossible to complete with the amount / cost of things produced these days. I love the idea of PSA registry sets for the older stuff, but I really can't see it for anything after 2000... the condition is too good for it to add value or intrigue. The Marino set is a different story, I looked for a decade before finding a psa 10 '90 hot card and I still don't believe I found one... they're ALWAYS jacked.
In the case of Hartline, 2009 and up means condition should be good so a raw set is the way to go. Since he's under rated he's also not in EVERY insert set which makes it a little easier... still a daunting task though. I take the same approach as what you outline, rare cards first. I have a list of "whale" cards that, when they pop up, they get bought... credit card max, refinance, sell the car type cards. Luckily for my wallet, they don't come up very often.
Yeah he is very underrated, most cards i am comfortable paying but others get crazy. I would love to post my PC but the few times I post nicer cards I have, the ones I need just happen to pop up on the bay for rediculous prices. So I stopped doing that lol. With all the 1/1s and low # cards it is impossible to master set but about a year ago I stopped counting like "6/71 1/1s for 2009" and just count how many cards I have and /1s I have. Makes the growth of my PC more fun when It doesn't seem I'm missing 96% 1/1s lol

(08-23-2014, 10:44 PM)savagenate Wrote: Yeah, COMC you can just buy up cards, they take them off the "market", and as long as you've paid, they'll hold onto them for you for quite awhile...not sure if there is a limit. I've bought some mid end cards, and base from them.
As far as PC, as I collect so many different people, and want to work out so many projects, I try to go for rare cards, /25 or under if I have the money. I miss out on a ton, as my budget is smaller, and I don't won't pay more than what I think a card is worth (I've missed out on a bunch of Franklin and Ball 1/1s). And I sometimes go on a player kick where I just want to go after someone different. Vontaze Burfict cards and Franklin 1/1s are my priorities, and then on down the line.
Base cards I hate buying on the auction site...I love it when guys on here save their base in their trade org...I've knocked off bunches of base or low end refractors that way. Comc is another. Or help from the community Smile I try to keep a list of a couple users and what they collect, and store cards for them. I'll had you and Hartlines to the list Smile
P.S. There's a few 1/1s I've seen on the auction site right now Smile Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate it! I'll look out for any /1s. Living in north east Ohio however I don't see to many cards outside browns and steelers at shows..

I have tons of hartline base… as soon as I get some free time I'll let you know what I have!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(08-24-2014, 07:51 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I have tons of hartline base… as soon as I get some free time I'll let you know what I have!
I appreciate that! I have around 150 Marinos, no autos or anything but pretty nice inserts

You probably already have this, but I have a 2012 Totally Certified Gold #23 Brian Hartline #/25 if interested.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

(08-27-2014, 08:07 PM)cgod26 Wrote: You probably already have this, but I have a 2012 Totally Certified Gold #23 Brian Hartline #/25 if interested.
Need it. I don't have the trade feature on this site though

(08-28-2014, 10:15 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Need it. I don't have the trade feature on this site though
Ok. I sent you a PM.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

I have a bunch of dupes if you have any other phins for trade.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(08-30-2014, 11:49 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: I have a bunch of dupes if you have any other phins for trade.
I have to take some pics but I have around 150 marinos