`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
This site has gone down.............

This site has gone down.............
Haven't been around for awhile. So I sent a trade to someone.
The person wanted 2 mem cards.
I wanted 1 mem of jerry rice and 2 basically base.. SPx.... I told them one was in a proposed trade. Oh ok I don't trade for base or inserts... BUT you was willing to trade them away... and I would have gotten LESS value.. only like a $1 I think but 2 mem's, for 1 mem and 2 base.... Do people just not want to trade and make the trade response crazy so the other person will decline it.....
I don't have a problem trding a $10 card for a $10 card.
But when you want 2 $10 cards and I want one that's $1.50 and another that's like $8.. !!!

Just had to rant... I'm done.....

RE: This site has gone down.............
yeah, I can't remember the last time I completed a trade on here. I never had a terrible experience trading, but I feel that it became rather difficult to deal with newer traders due to instances like you describe.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Lol I offered 2 jersey cards the guy wanted for a base card but the base was super valuable. Trading is a joke.

It's hard at times with some folks. I for one can know that I can be a little bit hard with people.

I don't mind trading for something folks want, but my problem is I don't fully check their organize (or in other cases the years of cards were all thrown together causing a PITA to search), and I may find something else I am interested in, and it can piss off folks. I try not to do that much, but it does happen.

I do agree that some folks do want some crazy things, and trading here as gone down hill a lot. I've stopped trading unless there is someone I know or they have something I really want.

I love(d) helping folks get the cards they needed at times, but it seems that when it comes back around and you've got something they have and you are truly interested in it, they don't want to lose the dollar value in trade value.

I could just as easily go to ebay and buy the card there, but like to trade with folks to save the money for other thing I may find that I want as I allow myself a limited dollar amount each month for cards, and well one PC card can blow that fast if I want it that bad. Budgeting sucks, but I've done my fair share of blowing a lot of money.

Sorry for the rant, but I do see where you are coming from. Where are all the old timers (I'm by no means an old timer), but the folks that used to trade here a lot more often and make this site more enjoyable.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

So, because of one trade that didn't happen, the site is going down? Yeah, seems like its a good idea to make a public bashing of the site for your tantrum.

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-04-2014, 12:12 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: So, because of one trade that didn't happen, the site is going down? Yeah, seems like its a good idea to make a public bashing of the site for your tantrum.

Yikes!

This site is going down, it's the sad truth. I used to make a ton of trades, now I couldn't tell you the last time I made one. There are several reasons for this....which include this site, which doesn't always function the best. It gets frustrating.

I don't think that you would ever be able to point to one thing and say "that's it!" This site seems to go through quite a few hills and valley if you will. I still find it enjoyable to see what people are getting in pulls and for general discussion, but I also agree with the OP with regards to trading on the site. Easiest solution for me is to deal mainly with people I know, but that's not always a guarantee either. I don't think there is any reason to bash anyone and say they are throwing a tantrum, there have been plenty of those here as well and I don't think this particular post is a tantrum. Maybe more of a airing of a grievance?
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Coming from someone with a 4.83 feedback score with 4 negatives?? Look who's talking. I think everyone should take the advice from your past traders and stay away from you.

I politely told you that I don't trade for base, and you responded with a rude response that could've come from my 8 year old son.

I've made 500+ all positive trades in the past five years, and your right, this site has gone down since I first started trading here....because of traders like you.

But I won't let this stop me from trading. There are plenty of awesome and respected traders on this site (you know who you are). Every now and then you run into arrogant traders like you who's butt gets hurt when a trade they initiate gets turned down. Too bad. So sad. You're not the first and you definitely won't be the last. Put your big girl panties on and move on. It's not the end of the world.

So, I cancelled the trade you sent me, and I politely gave you a reason why. Get over it. You would have been just as pissed and probably made another ranting thread had I cancelled without giving you a reason why. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Some people aren't happy with anything if it doesn't benefit them in some way.

thank you, I feel much better.....end rant.
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*

^---AMEN!

Recently, I sent an offer to a new member who had 0 trades. I wanted ONE card, but they wanted to send me ALL of their Edge (from $.60 base to $4 inserts) when they countered. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if the trade were "like for like", however the avg price per card was $15/$3 in their favor. I told this person I was really only interested in '99 Edgerrin and that I'd only trade for the card I needed, then we could discuss a bulk trade. We went ahead with the deal, all was well.

We've gone back and forth at least a dozen times, I've mentioned at least a handful of times that I'm not really interested in the trade, but he continues to push it. Today it came to a head when I declined for about the sixth time. He asked that I send the original '99 back as he only made that trade under the assumption I would accept his bulk trade which he seemed to think was mutually beneficial.

I'm all for helping someone get cards they want, but not when they're cards I also want... or when I have to trade down to do so. I'd move some of them for the right '99 Edge, but would rather hang on to them than accept a bunch of cards that (while I do have them marked as want) aren't really priorities for my collection. Something that seems to boggle this trader's mind.

(08-04-2014, 01:12 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: ^---AMEN!

Recently, I sent an offer to a new member who had 0 trades. I wanted ONE card, but they wanted to send me ALL of their Edge (from $.60 base to $4 inserts) when they countered. Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if the trade were "like for like", however the avg price per card was $15/$3 in their favor. I told this person I was really only interested in '99 Edgerrin and that I'd only trade for the card I needed, then we could discuss a bulk trade. We went ahead with the deal, all was well.

We've gone back and forth at least a dozen times, I've mentioned at least a handful of times that I'm not really interested in the trade, but he continues to push it. Today it came to a head when I declined for about the sixth time. He asked that I send the original '99 back as he only made that trade under the assumption I would accept his bulk trade which he seemed to think was mutually beneficial.

I'm all for helping someone get cards they want, but not when they're cards I also want... or when I have to trade down to do so. I'd move some of them for the right '99 Edge, but would rather hang on to them than accept a bunch of cards that (while I do have them marked as want) aren't really priorities for my collection. Something that seems to boggle this trader's mind.
had this happen awhile ago. Someone sent me an offer with some Rice cards. I was very interested in a few, but then they wanted to send me all base and some inserts for a $30 card of mine.

I told this trader it wasn't going to happen, and it went south from there.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA