`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY still NO BV's for 2013-14 Cup Contenders?

WHY still NO BV's for 2013-14 Cup Contenders?
Why are there still no Book Values listed in the OPG for 2013-14 Cup Contenders (/499)? They have been readily available for some time now on Ebay.

RE: WHY still NO BV's for 2013-14 Cup Contenders?
depending on its release (I'm not sure when it came out) there might not be enough market info on it yet

I dont know but they have released pricing on the patch autos cup contenders/25 and they pricing is way off from the sales i have seen..
[Image: arod.gif]

/25 is usually not priced. and ebay sales play only a small part in pricing, because they arent true market prices

(07-28-2014, 04:35 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: /25 is usually not priced. and ebay sales play only a small part in pricing, because they arent true market prices
How are they not true market prices--- ebay accounts for 50% or more of all card sales.
(07-28-2014, 12:35 PM)asoknb Wrote: Why are there still no Book Values listed in the OPG for 2013-14 Cup Contenders (/499)? They have been readily available for some time now on Ebay.
And all the other similar #/499 inserts from Contenders are priced.

(07-28-2014, 07:52 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: How are they not true market prices--- ebay accounts for 50% or more of all card sales.
Not true.

I won't argue if you choose to believe it as no data actually exists.

But #1, if you add up all the collector-to-collector sales either in person or through trading sites plus all the lcs (or web shop) sales to individual collectors plus all the transactions at card shows across the US and Canada, adding in eBay would not double the figure. Ebay accounts for probably less than 5% of sealed wax.

And #2, eBay is primarily a wholesale market, not retail. Yes, you can certainly purchase cards at retail or retail plus pricing, but the majority who utilize it are looking for 'steals' or cards to 'flip'.

I'm sure Beckett factors eBay sales into their valuations, but if auctions for a card are ending at $6 + $3 shipping, I certainly hope that they do not publish pricing as $2.50 - $6.00...
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

You know, I've always questioned how Beckett gets their data. They say they look at what the market is doing, but how do they know?
Do collectors keep track of sales and send them in to beckett?
Do they go around to card shops nationwide and ask collectors what they'd be willing to pay?
I know ebay plays a huge part in the market, but the prices on ebay are so off what beckett has....how do they actually come to the conclusion of what a card should be priced?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(07-28-2014, 09:28 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: You know, I've always questioned how Beckett gets their data. They say they look at what the market is doing, but how do they know?
Do collectors keep track of sales and send them in to beckett?
Do they go around to card shops nationwide and ask collectors what they'd be willing to pay?
I know ebay plays a huge part in the market, but the prices on ebay are so off what beckett has....how do they actually come to the conclusion of what a card should be priced?
Their exact algorithms are proprietary, however: eBay is only a small part of it, as it isn't an accurate view of market value, for a number of reasons. As they always have, they rely on reports from b and m stores and other sources. market research from around the country is actually far more easily collected now than it was in the 80's, and more sources are accounted for, i reckon

Also, for general base stuff, a lot of that is fixed from previous years of comparable sets, while keeping in mind price point and print run. For example, this year's baseball archives set was printed much less than last year's, and the price point was higher. But the base topps set has been fairly steady for a while

(07-28-2014, 09:21 PM)fred bear Wrote: Not true.

I won't argue if you choose to believe it as no data actually exists.

But #1, if you add up all the collector-to-collector sales either in person or through trading sites plus all the lcs (or web shop) sales to individual collectors plus all the transactions at card shows across the US and Canada, adding in eBay would not double the figure. Ebay accounts for probably less than 5% of sealed wax.

And #2, eBay is primarily a wholesale market, not retail. Yes, you can certainly purchase cards at retail or retail plus pricing, but the majority who utilize it are looking for 'steals' or cards to 'flip'.

I'm sure Beckett factors eBay sales into their valuations, but if auctions for a card are ending at $6 + $3 shipping, I certainly hope that they do not publish pricing as $2.50 - $6.00...
Yes, Ebay probably only accounts for 5% of sealed wax sales, but I was talking individual card sales.

Wholesale is when you sale from a supplier to a retail seller. Most individual card sales on Ebay are retail, seller to buyer.

Here is where a think most people miss it.

Beckett prices have a LO price as well as A HI. From what I have seen the Hi tends to be what LCS sell for, the LO is more typical to the price you would get for it on Ebay.

Aug 1st and STILL no pricing for Cup Contenders /499!