Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG shoutout to jdetter!
Smile 
BIG shoutout to jdetter!
Last week I received a package I hadn't anticipated. When I opened it a card came out that I had been watching on eBay but as far as I could recollect I hadn't bid on yet. There was also no note included or anything so I was kind of left confused, especially after checking my purchase history. Finally, when I looked at the sender, I realized it was Beckett member Jdetter who had sent me the below Lucas Nogueira booklet!

[Image: pll65129x250.jpg]

I couldn't believe he went to such extent as to send me this card without any a-do, or requesting anything in return, particularly because I'm living overseas. Jdetter: I can't thank you enough!

Now, the delay in my posting this message is the following. Warning: it's a bummer.

Once I found out it was Jdetter who had sent me this, last Wednesday I believe, I quickly went onto his profile page to see how I could perhaps return the favor with some cards I have. I saw he's a Tar Heel fan and guess what: that very weekend Ty Lawson (ex-UNC) was coming to town in an NBA road show event. I didn't have any cards of his so I made a custom card in hopes I could get them signed. Unfortunately I wasn't able to coincide with him (close on a couple of occasions) so that left me quite bummed.

Don't worry though, Jdetter, I won't forget your incredible surprise gift and at some stage I'll return the gesture!
Thanks very much!

RE: BIG shoutout to jdetter!
Awesome story congrats on the card it's a nice one, as a beckett trader there is none better the Jdetter..
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

I'm glad you got the card and that you like it! Hopefully he comes to the NBA soon. He looked pretty good defensively in the summer league this past year. He fits your PC and wasnt doing nothing but sitting in a drawer here.

Thanks for the kind words kevinr!

(06-06-2014, 08:54 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I'm glad you got the card and that you like it! Hopefully he comes to the NBA soon. He looked pretty good defensively in the summer league this past year.
I'm not sure he'll be ready this year, he really needs to add a few more pounds - I think he's at 240/7'0 now which is slightly over KG's 220/6'11 when he was a rookie.. He's ok here but I think he'll have a hard time against his direct opponents in the NBA who are well heavier and stronger. That said he's a force to be reckoned with and brings a lot of energy to the court. One to watch out for!