`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Phillies Uniform is this Relic From?

What Phillies Uniform is this Relic From?
Opened the attached Four-Player Primary Pieces Quad Relic card today out of a 2014 Topps Museum Collection pack. The patches for Halladay, Utley, and Rollins are all pretty straightforward, but the Cole Hamels relic (upper right) is baffling me for some reason. At first glance, I thought it might be from the digital camo Memorial Day uniform, but the digital camouflage is pretty distinctive and the patterns do not match. What other Phillies relic could have the brown and tan pattern seen here? Maybe it's something obvious and I am just missing it...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: What Phillies Uniform is this Relic From?
Considering the stitching on the top and right side it looks like it could be from a number or name patch. I know they made some camo uniforms where just the number and team name were in digital camo, so maybe that's what it is from.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Memorial Day uniform.

Could be a patch from when he made the All-Star team when the game was in Arizona a few years ago. The front and back lettering and numbers were a snakeskin design

(04-22-2014, 06:24 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Could be a patch from when he made the All-Star team when the game was in Arizona a few years ago. The front and back lettering and numbers were a snakeskin design
Good call. Seems like the most logical origin. I can't remember anything else that looks like that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the replies and great idea on the All-Star Game patch. I knew it wasn't pixelated enough to be the memorial day uniform (I was in the military for 21 years too, so I would like to think I would know what that would look like). I searched for 2011 All Star Game patches on Ebay and there are cards that look very similar in stitching and pattern. The only difference I can see is the dark brown on my card appears to be darker than the darkest brown on those cards, but that could just be lighting, cameras, scanners, etc. Thanks so much for the help all, make the card cooler than it was initially.

My first thought is that he crapped his pants after giving up a long ball.

I'm probably wrong though.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html