`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Love-Hate Relationship with Tier One Returns to LOVE

My Love-Hate Relationship with Tier One Returns to LOVE
Tier One is one of my favourite products of the year, as I think the design is great and I love the on card autos. In 2013, I pulled some nice cards, along with a lot of Nate Eovaldi autos, so it's a bit of a love-hate relationship.

I'm near Toronto for the holidays so went into TO and picked up a case as they had it on for a screaming deal. Came home and busted it, and while there was no bat knob (pulled the Jordan Zimmermann auto bat knob in a previous case), there were some veeery nice hits. Apologies for the poor photos, taken on a iphone under bad lighting.

Of course you start with the 'hate' part of Tier One...anyone else remember in 2011 when there were a lot more HOF relics? The multi-relics are nice, but not much to write home about here.

[Image: tierone1.jpg]
[Image: tierone2.jpg]

Then there are the scrub autos. Some of these guys might become good, some of them are Scott Diamond. Yes, there was even a Nate Eovaldi in the mix...

[Image: tierone3.jpg]
[Image: tierone4.jpg]

A decent bunch of crowd pleasers...

[Image: tierone5.jpg]

Then there's the reason I love this product, though this was a better case than most.

[Image: tierone6.jpg]
[Image: tierone7.jpg]

Can't decide what to do with the dual, if I sell it I'd make back a pretty high percentage of what I paid for the case...all in all, pretty darn happy with it though! Most of it will be FT once I get it in my org. Cheers! Comments welcome.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: My Love-Hate Relationship with Tier One Returns to LOVE
you made out like a boss!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Sweet! I'd be interested in the Nolan Ryan and the Prince Fielder if they are for trade
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Wow autos of Nolan Ryan and the duel are amazing pulls, I don't have anything close to either man so congrats! Ozzie is really sharp as well!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Awesome pulls - I'd be interested in the Henderson.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Great case.. awesome pulls!!!

Really nice. The dual auto is a keeper unless you need the money. It is going to be a one nice looking card and if you have to sell the card in a few months or a year, it will hold is value.

(12-29-2013, 05:58 AM)franciscomarina Wrote: Really nice. The dual auto is a keeper unless you need the money. It is going to be a one nice looking card and if you have to sell the card in a few months or a year, it will hold is value.
Agreed! That's an outstanding card from a really great case! Even the extra Nate E. card doesn't bring the excellence down! Now, THAT is Tier One!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Awesome. Congrats on a nice case! Tier One as it should be. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

All I can say is WOW. Thats a nice dual and the Ryan too. Wow!
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]