`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Pack searchers.. haters REVENGE !!!

RE: A Pack searchers.. haters REVENGE !!!
ok in all seriousness i was done posting on here but just for fun i was wondering how serious pack searchers are so i googled and i had no idea they have a website of these people?! haha i am sure some of you new but i had no clue. they even have you tube breaks...and people pay to join their site. wow.

http://www.packsearchers.com/

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(11-11-2013, 09:48 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: ok in all seriousness i was done posting on here but just for fun i was wondering how serious pack searchers are so i googled and i had no idea they have a website of these people?! haha i am sure some of you new but i had no clue. they even have you tube breaks...and people pay to join their site. wow.

This is a more serious problem then people think or like to admit and it's ramifications are deeper then just our hobby. There is right and wrong in the world, and IMO wrongs must be pointed out. I may be in the minority, but it makes it harder to teach my kids right and wrong when nothing is done to a person tearing packs / cutting blasters / destroying cards. It may be a "hobby", but rules/laws are inplace for a reason....however trivial.

And to the poster referencing the fruit, bad choice, you are suppose to pick it up and check it.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-12-2013, 01:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: This is a more serious problem then people think or like to admit and it's ramifications are deeper then just our hobby. There is right and wrong in the world, and IMO wrongs must be pointed out. I may be in the minority, but it makes it harder to teach my kids right and wrong when nothing is done to a person tearing packs / cutting blasters / destroying cards. It may be a "hobby", but rules/laws are inplace for a reason....however trivial.

And to the poster referencing the fruit, bad choice, you are suppose to pick it up and check it.
+34 Exactly!! Point on!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yeah, a pack or box is sealed for a reason.

You're not supposed to know what you get until AFTER you pay for it AND leave the store.

Well said Joe.

I bought the last loose pack of 2013 Topps Heritage last night at the LWM and realized it felt kinda fat. When I got home and opened it, it tore open way too easily. I pulled out for the first card and it was a 1990 Topps. The next card was a 1991 Leaf. The entire pack was filled with junk wax.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(11-12-2013, 07:46 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Well said Joe.

I bought the last loose pack of 2013 Topps Heritage last night at the LWM and realized it felt kinda fat. When I got home and opened it, it tore open way too easily. I pulled out for the first card and it was a 1990 Topps. The next card was a 1991 Leaf. The entire pack was filled with junk wax.
Sorry to hear that Cross...I know it's only a couple of bucks, but damn, I seriously can't / don't buy at my LWM because the cards/chipz/toy figures are just a mess whenever I go looking. Again, it's the point, not the severity/implications of the action.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Haha yeah, I wasn't upset about the money loss, just utterly flabbergasted that whatever was in the pack was worth stealing, repacking and putting back. My guess is someone bought a few retail packs, took them home and opened them, stuffed them with crap and resealed them, took them back to Walmart and swapped them out with more packs.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

What infuriates me is that these dumb s--t employees even accept these "returns" ... at least at my local Walmarts and Targets, they all have signs posted behind the CS counter saying that they do not accept returns on music, movies, collectibles, etc.

I mean, why would somebody be returning a "sealed" box of cards anyway ... think about it.

I mean, I guess some doosh could claim, "oh, this is baseball, and I thought it was football" or whatever, but even then, pretty much almost 100 percent of wax packs/boxes have pictures of the players on the wrappers or packaging.

So, even if a doosh employee of Walmart or Target isn't bright enough to realize that that's a really lame attempt at a return, worst case scenario, they should at least be bright enough to adhere to the company policy, no matter WTF the excuse is for the return.

And cross, I feel you buddy, but I've busted entire BLASTERS that had been re-sealed ... three times.

There is not a worse feeling in the hobby, I guarantee that.

(11-11-2013, 09:48 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: ok in all seriousness i was done posting on here but just for fun i was wondering how serious pack searchers are so i googled and i had no idea they have a website of these people?! haha i am sure some of you new but i had no clue. they even have you tube breaks...and people pay to join their site. wow.

Seeing that site is horrifying! Press Pass, Topps, and Panini (as well as the other card companies) should look into that site. It seems that they are basically teaching poeple how to:
1. "Steal" the good cards
2. Destroy the hobby

If children get the useless packs they leave behind, how will the hobby grow?

I don't have a hobby store less than a 2 hour drive from my house and I live near 3 of the 5 largest cities in NC. Kids only have the retail option from Target/Walmart here. They are NOT going to keep getting packs (or even blasters) if they never pull anything that makes them say 'WOW'!
I buy retail, sometimes just b/c I am in the store and sometimes b/c I want to see what a product looks like before I spend the money on a hobby box. I only buy blasters in those stores, but mostly b/c I know what pack-searchers do to all the single packs.

We have a local doosh who literally feels up EVERY loose pack of every new product that comes out.

You can tell because he has already fanned the cards (vertically) inside the pack when you open them.

I don't really understand what he accomplishes when he does that, especially when he leaves this behind for me ...

[Image: Unibrow2.jpg]

I mean, how much does that suck? Not only are you a dooshy pack searcher, you're not even good at it!