`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking insite/advice

seeking insite/advice
I have been a collector of football cards for the better part of the past 15 years but have become bored and unimpressed with new releases. So, now i am going back to what got me started collecting ...baseball. I decided to start my new endeavor with the upcoming Bowman Prospects release, but since being out of this for so long I have no clue as to who is good.

Now comes for the insight..... what players should I be looking for in this release?

*** on a side note - I am only going to be collecting bowman chrome since there are so many different releases nowadays.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice yiu can give me.
Mike
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

RE: seeking insite/advice
Hey there mike.....welcome to the baseball boards...hahaha
Well the obvious ones would be puig, bundy, bogarts,machado,wacha....sure there are a few more but as you know with bowman, these guys rc's are like 5 years ago...lol
That's what I like about bowman, never know who is gonna explode and become hot for a few years most of the time.....
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

With so many new, unknown guys in the P&P set, I'd suggest scanning the checklist for your favorite team, check out what the minor league bloggers have to say about them (the Twins have some really good ones, so I assume most teams do) and then focus on a player or two that interests you.

Otherwise, like cyber said - Wacha, Puig, Machado and guys like that will be the way to go. Although singles of Puig and Wacha will go for crazy amounts right after launch.
Kepler

not going to over complicate it for this question. You will do pretty good with anyone of the Auto checklist from their years Bowman Draft. Very few top picks in their. if you are cracking cases to flip. flip them quickly if you are collecting to collect then maybe move at a later date... autos are always something nice to hoard
(11-10-2013, 11:20 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: With so many new, unknown guys in the P&P set, I'd suggest scanning the checklist for your favorite team, check out what the minor league bloggers have to say about them (the Twins have some really good ones, so I assume most teams do) and then focus on a player or two that interests you.

Otherwise, like cyber said - Wacha, Puig, Machado and guys like that will be the way to go. Although singles of Puig and Wacha will go for crazy amounts right after launch.
It's to be said that the twins have some guys that are head and shoulders above the rest of the guys. Sano & Buxton are not the average prospect.

Thanks for the advice so f as r.

I'm not sure which direction I will go ...collect or flip .... but I figured starting out with the newest product would be the best way to go either way.

I had been reading some of the info regarding the draft picks and it looks like the best teams to go with would be the Pirates, Phillies and of course my favorite BB team the Yankees.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.

I believe the Phillies actually have one of the worst farms. Not sure how much this holds true as I am not a big follower of other clubs as a whole. Pirates though do seem to have a good farm. As for the Yankees many of Autos to chase. Judge, Clarkin, Jagielo in base set also Gosuke Katoh has a PG auto. Clarkin & Judge have draft day autos and many dual autos to be had between the picks. You will have plenty of competition though ME INCLUDED.

If you are having fun, you are collecting the right players. If not, switch.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-10-2013, 04:34 PM)jonathani Wrote: If you are having fun, you are collecting the right players. If not, switch.
WELL PUT

If you are going after rookies and prospects there is non better than Bowman products.
the guys already mentioned who is hot this year but if I were you since cards are coming out of players that are 17 years old. you can figure 4-5 years of college and up to 3 years in the minors and if they actually make a debut you might want to hold on to the rookies another 2 years at least.
I hold all my rookies for 10 years

I am fixing to finish up loading my 2003 rookies and prospect cards in my organizer for trade and going to start my 2004 rookies very soon to add for trade
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(11-11-2013, 12:08 AM)waynetalger Wrote: If you are going after rookies and prospects there is non better than Bowman products.
the guys already mentioned who is hot this year but if I were you since cards are coming out of players that are 17 years old. you can figure 4-5 years of college and up to 3 years in the minors and if they actually make a debut you might want to hold on to the rookies another 2 years at least.
I hold all my rookies for 10 years

I am fixing to finish up loading my 2003 rookies and prospect cards in my organizer for trade and going to start my 2004 rookies very soon to add for trade
Thanks for that tidbit. That was the reason I got away from baseball cards years ago due to the fact of having to wait so long for a player to "hit". Football you know right from the draft, for the most part, who is going to be a star player (exceptions include Brady, Terrell Davis, and several other late rd picks). Idk, guess I just need to change it up and figure Bowman is the best to do that with. Open packs, boxes and just set it aside a see what transpires. Still going to work on vintage football sets though.