`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value Appreciation

Value Appreciation
Just taking an informal poll on what players you've experienced gaining in value over the past five years. Not asking for general opinions but on cards that are in your collections.

In my personal experience, on the whole Clemente values seem to have a very steady rise. Because I collect Yaz, I've seen a modest uptick on higher grades. Nolan Ryan seems to just be holding steady overall.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Value Appreciation
I collect vintage Aaron and Mays and some Mantle. All 3 have gone up about 15% in past 6 months. SMR prices aren't even close to what you can buy the cards for. SMR lists 1954 Topps Aaron rookie in PSA 5 at $715, and that is about $100 less than what you could actually get one for. I also subscribe to All-Star Cards Monthly, and they raised their prices about 3 months ago for the most popular vintage cards they are buying, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Mantle, Robinson, etc.

I know the stuff I have bought over the last 3 years on eBay are great deals compared to what they are going for now. Check out my son's (and mine) collection at djshouseofcards-comics.com to get an idea of the 1950s and 1960s cards we have largely purchased in the last 3 years. Glad I got them when I did!!!

(09-05-2013, 12:38 PM)eisenhower76 Wrote: I collect vintage Aaron and Mays and some Mantle. All 3 have gone up about 15% in past 6 months. SMR prices aren't even close to what you can buy the cards for. SMR lists 1954 Topps Aaron rookie in PSA 5 at $715, and that is about $100 less than what you could actually get one for. I also subscribe to All-Star Cards Monthly, and they raised their prices about 3 months ago for the most popular vintage cards they are buying, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Mantle, Robinson, etc.

I know the stuff I have bought over the last 3 years on eBay are great deals compared to what they are going for now. Check out my son's (and mine) collection at djshouseofcards-comics.com to get an idea of the 1950s and 1960s cards we have largely purchased in the last 3 years. Glad I got them when I did!!!
I suspected all three might be going up but haven't added any of the three to my collection in a couple of years. Sounds like I'd better plan to add more Aaron pronto. As for Mantle, I'm waiting for the right 1966 Topps Venezuelan to come along. Nice collection by the way.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

See you collect 1972 o pee chee.

There was just an unopened vendor box of that at the Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club auction on Saturday. Wish I would have bought it! It went for very low price!!!

(09-09-2013, 11:10 AM)eisenhower76 Wrote: See you collect 1972 o pee chee.

There was just an unopened vendor box of that at the Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club auction on Saturday. Wish I would have bought it! It went for very low price!!!
Vendor box and not wax pack box? Sure would like to have had a chance at that. I've seen some wax packs opened and posted on YouTube and for some reason it seems like the gum in 1972 OPCs tends to bleed over several cards on a consistent basis. It's as though something in the gum liquifies. Thanks for the note.