`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Anyone have cats?

OT: Anyone have cats?
I just got a 6 week old kitten a few days ago and its hilarious to see the stuff that amuses her. I bought all this cool Sh!t and she finds her way to an empty monster box. Don't worry I put everything else card related away in my office so she cant ruin it. Its just funny because I bought all this cat crap and the only stuff she even seems slightly interested in that I have in my house is the monster box, a laser pointer, and some random strings I have sitting around.

If you have a cat/kitten and have found any other oddball stuff yours enjoys let me know...I work from home so I have a lot of downtime to mess around with her while shes still young.

And any other tips that would be awesome because I just bought a $1200 couch and I don't really want her to ruin that.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: OT: Anyone have cats?
Mine loves the lids. I have 2500 count boxes (2 rows) and he hits the lids every time they are turned over. Cant fit in them but he tries. Will sleep on/in it for hours lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

mine likes the little plastic backing on the team / graded bags. She goes in the trash and pulls em out and scatters em all around the house..... of and then there is the garbage bag full of packing peanuts !

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Yep boxes, paper bags or those gift bags anything that makes a crunching noise, shoestrings, etc.... Also if you're smart you'll get a scratching post or one of those cat tree things ASAP unless you want your furniture turned into shreds of fabric.

Enjoy it while it lasts because they quickly grow out of that cute fun kitten stage and turn into old lazy fat don't want to do nothing but sleep stage.

I have a cat he is a riot. He always wants to "help". I will sort my cards and he will make his way to wherever i am to walk over the piles i have. I do my best to keep him off but it is his house too.
Anyhow
Make sure you get a scratching post it helps them keep off the couch. Also gt things than can jump on and be at your head or chest height. It makes them feel save and on the same level as you. Also give him plenty of places to hide if need be weather he wants to be alone or is scared they need places to feels safe.
Most of all have fun with him and don't ignore him to do your cards he will find a way to get your attention.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Yeah I got a corner bed/scratching post but she is very uninterested. I need to get one of the large carpet ones eventually but all the ones I have seen are like $99+. I may try to just make one myself. I got some baskets and shelves and chairs at various locations so she can go around the room without being on the ground and to get up onto things since shes still pretty small. Does anyone know if theres some kind of spray or deodorizer kind of thing to spray on furniture to keep them off?

(09-04-2013, 04:12 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah I got a corner bed/scratching post but she is very uninterested. I need to get one of the large carpet ones eventually but all the ones I have seen are like $99+. I may try to just make one myself. I got some baskets and shelves and chairs at various locations so she can go around the room without being on the ground and to get up onto things since shes still pretty small. Does anyone know if theres some kind of spray or deodorizer kind of thing to spray on furniture to keep them off?
Do yourself a favor.... go to a carpet store and buys some remnants... then from the same store buy some carpet roll tubes!... most likely will get them for free... go to the depot get some rope and adhesive, get some ply-wood for footers and platforms (sand the edges) .... and start building.... prolly make it for under 30$

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

yeah I think that may be my project for the weekend

The best way to keep them away from the furniture, is to get a spray bottle, fill it with water, and spray her (mist setting) so that she learns that the furniture is a no-no.

Secondly, since she is still very young, don't just have one litter box in the house, have a couple, same with water dishes

As far as cat litter, using the clay stuff can become kind of expensive, since you will have it clumping up every time she pees, and poops, I recommend using the "Mimi Cat Litter" from Walmart, it is cheaper than most cat litters, as well as long lasting it is actually silicone based, and it keeps the smell down.

As far as food, give her both canned and dry food (in separate bowls), that way if something happens, family emergency, etc... she won't just be relying on Canned food, especially if you aren't there to feed her.

Kittens do have " accidents" if she does, put baking soda on it, ASAP.

Make sure she has some place sunny to cat nap in, my cat's crawl up on the entertainment center on a pillow, I put up there, and they sleep most of the day there..... they also like to sleep on the owners clothes, so put an old shirt in the bottom of a card board box......

Never, ever, ever give her chocolate, that causes their hearts to race, and it will kill them quickly.

Cats love grass, so in the winter time, I get those Grass kits from Walmart (grass Seed and dirt), mix it up water it, and let it grow, and she will eat it, it helps their digestion, but don't let her eat too much or you end up with grass balls on the carpet or floor.

The also love brightly colored pipe cleaners, I roll mine into a circle and throw it, and the youngest cat will play fetch for hours, she loves to run after it, and she brings it back, and drops it at my feet, and waits for me to throw it again.

Oh, and despite what they showed in the cartoons, most cats hate milk........

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-04-2013, 04:12 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah I got a corner bed/scratching post but she is very uninterested. I need to get one of the large carpet ones eventually but all the ones I have seen are like $99+. I may try to just make one myself. I got some baskets and shelves and chairs at various locations so she can go around the room without being on the ground and to get up onto things since shes still pretty small. Does anyone know if theres some kind of spray or deodorizer kind of thing to spray on furniture to keep them off?
Dude, those tower things are insane amounts of money! Like the other guy said, just make one.

But I've noticed they'll only use it for a little while, once in a while.

Shoe boxes work well, go figure.

As for the couch, most cats will use the scratching post and ignore the furniture if the post is in the same room. Or like shez said, the spray or a coffee can with some some penny's in it to make some noise.

You have a dog if I remember correctly? How are they getting along?
(09-04-2013, 04:46 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Oh, and despite what they showed in the cartoons, most cats hate milk........
I always catch one of mine sipping my milk out of the galss as I put the milk back in the fridge. Even chocolate..
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx