`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Need to vent.

Need to vent.
I know this happens to everyone but I just had to vent my frustration. I'm trying to complete the Stepfan Taylor jumbo jersey auto rainbow from 2013 Finest and a seller has the Pink /10 for $170 OBO. Now, the Camo(also /10) sold for $29, I offered him $30 and then we went back and forth for a bit. His lowest price was $55, almost double the Camo. Now I know this seems trivial but I'm a penny pinching college kid and that extra $25 can go a long ways.

RE: Need to vent.
Double is a tad high but your expecting a card that sold for 29 when it was the only 1 go to off of. Not trying to be mean but if your penny pinching maybe you shouldn't be going after auto's?
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(08-26-2013, 08:44 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Double is a tad high but your expecting a card that sold for 29 when it was the only 1 go to off of. Not trying to be mean but if your penny pinching maybe you shouldn't be going after auto's?
I know I'm blowing it out of proportion a little but I reluctantly accepted his offer(got free shipping). I'm only going for autos because all of the ones #d to 15 or higher go for under $20 which I can do.

On the flip - I'm doing the same thing as the seller on a card I'm selling on eBay. I was asking a RIDICULOUS amount just to see. One ebayer has been persistent - messages back and forth, back and forth - emailing about not wanting to upset me about a low ball offer.

I'm almost at the point just to friggin give it to the buyer for free just because they want it so much!!

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(08-26-2013, 09:39 PM)ugameck Wrote: On the flip - I'm doing the same thing as the seller on a card I'm selling on eBay. I was asking a RIDICULOUS amount just to see. One ebayer has been persistent - messages back and forth, back and forth - emailing about not wanting to upset me about a low ball offer.

I'm almost at the point just to friggin give it to the buyer for free just because they want it so much!!
Don't give in to the sympathy card!

(08-26-2013, 09:41 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Don't give in to the sympathy card!
Too late. Saw your thread, went on eBay, messaged buyer.

Told them they had to convince me why they deserved it - and it was theirs.

(08-26-2013, 09:56 PM)ugameck Wrote: Too late. Saw your thread, went on eBay, messaged buyer.

Told them they had to convince me why they deserved it - and it was theirs.
whats your ebay profile Tongue Tongue Tongue

jking. really nice of you

(08-26-2013, 11:06 PM)Fantom Wrote: whats your ebay profile Tongue Tongue Tongue

jking. really nice of you
Well, it's obvious Wink
And yeah - card is packaged up and out to go for the "buyer"

Again - jkidd: that sucks.

(08-26-2013, 09:14 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: I know I'm blowing it out of proportion a little but I reluctantly accepted his offer(got free shipping). I'm only going for autos because all of the ones #d to 15 or higher go for under $20 which I can do.
Hey Nate, At least you got him down to $55 from $170. Big Grin I'd say that you did great!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would just like to point out that I bought the pink refractor for my Stepfan Taylor Finest Rainbow for $55(reluctantly), then I bought another at auction for $22. I listed the first one for a BIN of $39...sold in an hour. So basically, I paid $38 instead of $55 for it Big Grin