`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Missing a hit... and no one cares.

Missing a hit... and no one cares.
I received my box of College Legends 2011 by Upper Deck today in the mail from dacardworld.com. I opened and it and found two hits. I rechecked the cards, thinking maybe I overlooked an auto because they are a little more difficult to see in this product. Sent an e-mail to dacardworld, who told me I must contact the manufacturer.

Upper Deck sent this:

Thank you for the email. We apologize for the missing hit in your box of College Legends 2011. This product was originally released on 5/22/12. All Upper Deck products have a 1 year warranty. Currently this product is outside of our warranty period. We are unable to assist with this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ticks me off. Won't be buying Upper Deck anymore.

RE: Missing a hit... and no one cares.
Wow, sorry that happened. That is a large reason why I don't deal with Upper Deck any more — if there is a problem (even with newer products), they are not very helpful at all.

They have your money, they couldn't care less.

Wow...they have a warranty?
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

If you don't get all your hits, isn't that false advertising?
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

Does it say anything anywhere about a warranty?? Never seen that before.

I don't even understand that definition of "warranty". If I buy a blue widget and open the box later and discover they put a red widget in the box instead- does it really matter when I buy/open it? That's not a warranty issue, that's a company screw up issue. If you sell a product that is materially different than what is advertised, that's not a warranty claim.... that's dishonest.

that's Upper Deck for ya Sad

crooks IMHO through and through ..... why do people keep buying their product and BS ??? Blush

ask them directly to give you a scanned copy of their "warranty" policy on the box you busted, and then tell them you're calling your lawyer ..... expired redemptions, expired "warranties" ..... seriously Upper Deck doesn't deserve to be in business Sad

I honestly would hope that Beckett would drop promoting a company like UD, it might send a ripple through the industry and collectors might then open their eyes to what kind of crooks UD are .....

off my soap box ..... for now Wink

I would contact them through Twitter and facebook. Sometimes the more public blasts tend to get noticed, and occasionally resolved. That really blows though, seems like Topps and Upper Deck should just join up and form a super company built on terrible customer service and lies.
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

I had a damaged card in a 2013 UD box, sent it back and received a replacement within a little over a month. The only time I've dealt with Upper Deck and had no problems. They were very helpful. Guess it just depends on who answers the email. The box didn't say "Three autos per box on average" did it? Because that's their out. Just like hot boxes, there are cold boxes. Not defending them by any means, just my experience.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(06-22-2013, 01:33 PM)pbean Wrote: that's Upper Deck for ya Sad

crooks IMHO through and through ..... why do people keep buying their product and BS ??? Blush

ask them directly to give you a scanned copy of their "warranty" policy on the box you busted, and then tell them you're calling your lawyer ..... expired redemptions, expired "warranties" ..... seriously Upper Deck doesn't deserve to be in business Sad

I honestly would hope that Beckett would drop promoting a company like UD, it might send a ripple through the industry and collectors might then open their eyes to what kind of crooks UD are .....

off my soap box ..... for now Wink
Beckett has been up Upper Deck's butt for years and years so it will be hard for them to stop promoting them. Donruss was always treated like a second hand citizen. The only thing that has changed with UD is the license. Same crappy service, same overpriced product, just no NFL logo or Unis.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.