`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally! Some loose pack MOJO at my LCS!

Finally! Some loose pack MOJO at my LCS!
OK, so I've been going to the same LCS for the better part of 10 years now.

Really good guy, average prices, willing to work with me on trades, I've pulled some great stuff out of his sealed boxes, so all in all a pretty solid LCS.

My Achilles heel there has ALWAYS been loose packs in his open boxes ... I pretty much never have pulled anything good out of any product in any sport, to the point where I have always wondered if he rips them when no one is in there until he pulls the hits or something.

Horrible to think of him that way, especially because he's always been good to me otherwise, but just based on results I always wondered in the back of my mind.

Well, suffice it to say, I no longer wonder.

Today I grabbed four loose packs of Marquee and pulled this redemption card:

2012-13 Panini Marquee Current Signatures, Card #4 ...

KOBE BRYANT!

Yes, it's my third pack-pulled Kobe and second hobby-pulled Kobe — and the second one from this same LCS.

But, do you love your third kid any less than you do your first one?

(Well, maybe you do, but that's beside the point!)

I am redeeming it, NFT at the moment.

I'm no Marchand, but I'm getting there!

Marchand 5, RJ 3!

RE: Finally! Some loose pack MOJO at my LCS!
Wow! Great pull my man. I am busting a marquee box tomorrow. I will be getting two Father's Day packs for the purchase.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(06-21-2013, 08:16 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Wow! Great pull my man. I am busting a marquee box tomorrow. I will be getting two Father's Day packs for the purchase.
Dude, speaking of. As I have stated before, I'm not sure what my LCS guy's deal is, but he basically NEVER has any of the promos (Father's Day, Black Friday, etc.) that all of the other LCSs seem to have ... so I've always wondered if either he doesn't have direct accounts with the card companies or he just keeps that stuff for himself.

So today, besides the loose Marquee packs/Kobe pull, I end up buying three boxes of Crusade.

Beyond brutal, I'll PM you about it.

He then says, well, I'm supposed to give these out for people buying baseball boxes, but I'll give you a Father's Day pack if you just buy a couple of baseball packs.

So I buy two USA baseball packs ... complete crap! Got some 1980s Mike Mussina numbered card as my only "hit" ...

But, like I said, I never got a Father's Day pack before, so I opened it ... two VERY flimsy cards ... a token Evan Longoria Studio card and a pink Joey Votto Studio card with a blank back, seriously reminded me of something I'd pull out of a box of cereal or something.

Oh well, can't win 'em all, the Kobe was definitely the saver today ...

PM coming, right now!

Was the Crusade really that bad? I was hoping someone would post a break or two... Congrats on the Kobe!

(06-21-2013, 09:46 PM)hitmancollectibles Wrote: Was the Crusade really that bad? I was hoping someone would post a break or two... Congrats on the Kobe!
Thanks!

Well, here's the Crusade break:

OK, disclaimer ... this is a fun product to break, based on configuration ... six packs per box, 3 autos and 3 mems a box, plus a Crusade (refractor type) card in every box.

First pack, first box, I hit a Bosh jersey ... OK, Finals aside, a good Heat hit, I was happy with it.

And that was basically the highlight of the next two boxes.

The other mems were Andrei Kirilenko, Jonas Valenciunas or whatever (Raptors), JJ Hickson (?), Kenneth Faried (meh, OK), Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudemire (didn't have a Knicks hit of him so that was cool), Markeiff Morris ...

As for the autos:

Greivis Vasquez, Bernard James (?), Kurt Rambis (?), Sam Cassell (?), Robert Sacre (?), Miles Plumlee redemption (?), Kyle Singler, Brandon Rush and Jason Maxiell.

The break was literally SAVED by a Kyrie jersey and a Damian Lillard Crusade in the last box.

Seems a little thin for almost $400 in boxes.

The card I was actually most excited about was a Jarrett Jack Crusade/99, because it's my ONLY Warriors card of him.

And if I hadn't hit PC autos of Singler, Maxiell and Rush this would have qualified as a TERRIBLE break.

Are you interested in trading the Kyrie?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(06-22-2013, 01:11 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Are you interested in trading the Kyrie?
Probably not, it's my only Kyrie mem card, unless you had a comparable LeBron mem card for it. Let me know, thanks! RJ

The Father's Day promos are based on re-orders. If the dealer buys, sells out and never re-orders he will not receive any of these promos. Of course, a lot of stores just take them an open them on their own.

Personally I think it is crap that the d-bag made you buy some baseball product to get them. My LCS guy has two packs set aside for me. Last year I hit a Dont'a Hightower auto. Patriots player, local interest. Not a huge hit but something that was nice to hit as it were.

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(06-22-2013, 05:59 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: The Father's Day promos are based on re-orders. If the dealer buys, sells out and never re-orders he will not receive any of these promos. Of course, a lot of stores just take them an open them on their own.

Personally I think it is crap that the d-bag made you buy some baseball product to get them. My LCS guy has two packs set aside for me. Last year I hit a Dont'a Hightower auto. Patriots player, local interest. Not a huge hit but something that was nice to hit as it were.
Yeah, it was like, I buy how many boxes a year from you? And you're "giving" me one pack, if I buy two more packs?

The only reason I did it was I was curious about the USA stuff after seeing everyone else's breaks.

I know two packs is not a good sample size, but I was VERY unimpressed.

Then the Father's Day pack was equally uninspiring, so I was like, well, I quenched my curiosity on two fronts, LOL.

(06-23-2013, 01:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, it was like, I buy how many boxes a year from you? And you're "giving" me one pack, if I buy two more packs?

The only reason I did it was I was curious about the USA stuff after seeing everyone else's breaks.

I know two packs is not a good sample size, but I was VERY unimpressed.

Then the Father's Day pack was equally uninspiring, so I was like, well, I quenched my curiosity on two fronts, LOL.
Yeaaaah, not trying to jack your thread or anything...but I post about 80% of my box breaks. With that said, how much do you think I have spent on wax in the last 10 months? A very conservative $5000 and probably closer to $10(mostly wasted money but that is another story). At that type of bread, I should get 40 packs as it is. My LCS guy was good and I got about 10 packs(He got between 50-75) and I thought that was good of him.
With that being said, I should have got 20 of those packs with the amount of money I spend there. Matter of fact, I should be on the next Past and Present insert titled "Bread for Wax" or even better "Bread for Will Barton and the Morris Brothers".

Sorry to jack your thread man but I couldn't help it.