`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football

RE: I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football
(05-15-2013, 12:33 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Its hard to say, are they rookies or are they not. Upper deck is releasing Exquisite in July that will be solely 2012 players...well past the end of the 2012 season.

As of right now, since their are not 2013 rookies base cards, I would consider the 2012 guys rookies. But thats just a personal choice.
No Upper Deck cards are considered RCs anymore regardless of year. No NFL license, no rookie card designation. So it really doesn't matter when UD puts out their products.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(05-15-2013, 04:29 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: No Upper Deck cards are considered RCs anymore regardless of year. No NFL license, no rookie card designation. So it really doesn't matter when UD puts out their products.
Technically, but to collectors...its different. Come on you should know that.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-15-2013, 06:44 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Technically, but to collectors...its different. Come on you should know that.
They are no different then Sage, Press Pass, etc. I just don't want people to wonder why the cards aren't marked as rookie cards in the OPG. I don't collect current Upper Deck products thinking I am buying a "Rookie". If I buy them, I buy them knowing full well they are college sets.

Designation or not, all of the cards in UD say "star rookie" or "Ultimate Rookie" so they're rookies to me. I couldn't care less about licensing.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(05-16-2013, 11:57 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Designation or not, all of the cards in UD say "star rookie" or "Ultimate Rookie" so they're rookies to me. I couldn't care less about licensing.
Exactly!!!
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-16-2013, 12:25 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Exactly!!!
Agreed. Although it would be nice if retail Upper Deck would include some veterans (a la 2011) just so the rookies felt like RCs and not just a draft pick set.

(05-17-2013, 06:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Agreed. Although it would be nice if retail Upper Deck would include some veterans (a la 2011) just so the rookies felt like RCs and not just a draft pick set.
That's all it is. The only reason that Luck and RG3 are in there is the Class of 2013 is so poor in skill guys that it needed help to get people to buy it.

(05-17-2013, 11:08 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: That's all it is. The only reason that Luck and RG3 are in there is the Class of 2013 is so poor in skill guys that it needed help to get people to buy it.
You're right ... which is why I can't understand why they didn't just wait a month or two to add the 2013 rookies in.

I mean, I got Luck and RGIII in two blasters, value wise there really aren't any appealing guys left for me to chase.

Nice break
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(05-24-2013, 09:54 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice break
I should have quit after the first two (as usual) ... the next three did not have a GU or auto either, and only one RGIII. Did pull Wilson, though.