`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football

I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football
Hey guys, I just busted a couple of blasters of 2013 Archives ... pulled RGIII in one box and Luck in the other, plus my two main Lions PC guys in Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford, so I was pretty pleased.

One very weird thing, I'm sure you guys have noticed too ... all of the packaging says it's a 2013 product, the copyright on the back of the cards says it's a 2013 product, but the guys like RGIII and Luck still have their college stats on the back and no pro stats.

Soooo ... I know a couple of years ago (?) Upper Deck or somebody got in trouble for putting out the previous year's product in like May or June of the next year (?), so I'm guessing it's a licensing thing ...

But technically the RGIII and Luck cards wouldn't be considered RCs then, right?

And if they knew it was going to be a 2013 product, why not just wait until they could update all the 2012 "rookies" and give themselves some time to put the new 2013 guys in there?

Fun break, just very odd timing ...

RE: I just noticed something really odd about 2013 Topps Archives Football
Get any stuff of my guys ?
[Image: 1V8zK.jpg]

I hadn't noticed that, but I'm waiting to see one of these original cards from back in the day!

(05-14-2013, 06:28 AM)bamamania89 Wrote: Get any stuff of my guys ?
I'll check, Bro-seph ...
(05-14-2013, 06:54 AM)Philip2323 Wrote: I hadn't noticed that, but I'm waiting to see one of these original cards from back in the day!
Yeah, I didn't get any really exciting inserts (Elway gold sparkle, some RGIII fold-up card or something) or autos/hits or anything, but I love the retro look on the current players.

One thing, though ... having retired legends on designs from years they didn't play in seemed kind of odd ... like Joe Namath on a 1986 card.

Not bad, just ... different.

Cool deal man I still have that die cut of 2013 hit auto of one of your guys I finally got it for ya
[Image: 1V8zK.jpg]

(05-15-2013, 01:11 AM)bamamania89 Wrote: Cool deal man I still have that die cut of 2013 hit auto of one of your guys I finally got it for ya
Who is it again?

Its hard to say, are they rookies or are they not. Upper deck is releasing Exquisite in July that will be solely 2012 players...well past the end of the 2012 season.

As of right now, since their are not 2013 rookies base cards, I would consider the 2012 guys rookies. But thats just a personal choice.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-15-2013, 12:33 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Its hard to say, are they rookies or are they not. Upper deck is releasing Exquisite in July that will be solely 2012 players...well past the end of the 2012 season.

As of right now, since their are not 2013 rookies base cards, I would consider the 2012 guys rookies. But thats just a personal choice.
Yeah, me too. I really like the product, just a very odd release date/strategy.

Oh well, the only big difference for me is what kind of toploader to put it in, LOL.

(05-15-2013, 12:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, me too. I really like the product, just a very odd release date/strategy.

Oh well, the only big difference for me is what kind of toploader to put it in, LOL.
Lmao! I've watched a hobby break of it today, I've got 3 boxes scheduled to be here Friday afternoon, There was a silver box topper. Wondering if they are in every box now. It had a lone autograph, so the box actually had 3 autos instead of 2.
Eddie George Super Collector

(05-15-2013, 02:47 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Lmao! I've watched a hobby break of it today, I've got 3 boxes scheduled to be here Friday afternoon, There was a silver box topper. Wondering if they are in every box now. It had a lone autograph, so the box actually had 3 autos instead of 2.
Good luck on the break, please post!