`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!
(02-04-2013, 12:19 PM)franklinx Wrote: With these higher dollor cards its always a stomach turner when ya "lick that stamp, and drop'er in the box."
I have thought about this before, quite a bit actually. But I think the best way to complete some of these trades is to have a go-between. Could be maybe an admin from beckett, or somebody of trust. Both traders would use the "go-between" to send the cards. Once the "go-between" recieved both party's cards , he would then send the cards out to the respective traders.
This would work if the cards were tracked to the go-between. He would then open and see if the right cards were actually in the package. And then complete the trade, for a fee of some sort, and the cost of the new shipping cost.
Obviously this is just me brain storming, and of course there would be higher shipping cost's and a longer wait to get the cards... But set up in the right way, this could work. Maybe a new business adventure for someone that can be bonded, and has the ability to start something like this.
~cheerz~
Fx

This is actually a really good idea. I ask people to send first if we are doing a trade involving cards I would hate to lose, but I think I like this even better.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Fraud Report Template
(02-03-2013, 12:33 PM)katykeed Wrote: Yes, I sent an online report and was directed to call the police, which was done. They e-mailed me the phone number and although I was placed on hold for the better part of a half-hour, they did assign a report number. I have the report number somewhere, but have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that a citizen of the US doesn't really have standing north of the border as to date I haven't even received so much as a follow-up. As a side note, I'm a trip to that area on business later this year and plan to stop by his last known address for a conversation.
Did you ever get your cards from this Jerk? He must of removed himself from this site, as I have lost the trade info.

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Fraud Report Template
(05-10-2013, 03:26 PM)mustupski Wrote: Did you ever get your cards from this Jerk? He must of removed himself from this site, as I have lost the trade info.
Did not. Never heard back from anyone in the legal community, haven't had any help outse the efforts of the Moderators who I feel have done about everything they can to resolve. Some people are just plain dishonest, but in whole, the Beckett community is a generally good hearted group and even though I've been burned three times now for several hundred dollars in BV, the good traders here far outweigh the stinkers. I hope others have had better experiences but I'm not going to let the jaspers get me down, I've made too many friends and fellow hockey geeks for me to throw in the towel.

you should all arrange a day and just show up at this house and then see what he has to say for himself!
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

Sorry to hear so many people have had trouble with him.

The part that would have made me leary to deal with him a 2nd time was:

"He was to hold the Patrick Kane for the first trade until the 2nd trade was received"

pretty much sounds like a scam by itself.

i know its not very feasable but it would be nice if there was a way to ship to a "generic" address (both sides) and have that generic address ship the cards the other way (after checking that both sides are ok). now i'm only talking about people who have low trade feedback. obviously would cost more though shipping wise and its already getting expensive enough going cross border

i dont know what his feedback was prior to this but sounds like he made a bunch of trades and then left...maybe there should be a limit as to how many trades a week someone can make...but i guess in the end everyone takes a chance.

I got burned once through eBay when an overseas seller did that although in that case with eBay to protect i got my money back
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Well, well, well....guess who pops in after a year of all this BS & decides to hit me up for a trade. I couldn't believe my eyes seeing him. But yes...Rookieaholic2nd has decided to make ammends, hopefully & make things right with alot of folks.

I'm refreshing this thread because Mr. Dave Perkins...please justify why I & anyone else here should trust you. If you want me to trade..you will definitely send first & trade in my favor! I can't trust you any further than I can throw you! I don't even know if I even want to deal with you considering its been a year & you just pop in wanting to trade. First things first...you owe me! I get what is owed back then I might think about it.

But let's hear what you got to tell myself & all the people you screwed over...not only here but on other sites too!

Last I saw you were banned...you need to get with the Mod's & have that dealt with before I do anything.
[Image: BennBanner.png]

Looking for Jamie Benn short prints from 09-10!

http://photobucket.com/BennHockey
http://photobucket.com/hockeytrades

thanks for the info
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I'm never trading on here ever!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

I show he owes
KrispX (missing 1 card), cdnhulk, work2832, rayeates, chipfan22, spiritbreaker22, katykeed and joncarrie200

I sent all of you a pm
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Wow, that's crazy. Keep us posted!