`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 2001 box should I buy

What 2001 box should I buy
Hey I am in the mood for a good 2001 Fleer box But I want authority but I am not sure about it any thoughts?

RE: What 2001 box should I buy
I think its called Fleer Legacy....it comes with an autographed hat in every box....if it had to be Fleer thats what I would get. But if could pick any box from 2001 to get I would probably get SPX for the Pujols or Ichiro Auto.

(05-05-2013, 07:29 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I think its called Fleer Legacy....it comes with an autographed hat in every box....if it had to be Fleer thats what I would get. But if could pick any box from 2001 to get I would probably get SPX for the Pujols or Ichiro Auto.
Agreed
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

If you want the SPx Pujols auto, that only comes in the 2001 Upper Deck Rookie Update boxes along with Mark Teixeira. I believe the Pujols may have even been a redemption. Be careful with buying the Fleer boxes as well, most of the Pujols rcs and some Ichiros in those sets came exclusively inserted in Fleer Platinum Rookie Edition boxes (aka series 2) to update the existing sets which had crappy rookies. Your best odds at a Pujols & Ichiro rcs is 2001 Topps Chrome series 2 (Pujols), Topps Chrome Traded, Topps Gallery, Topps Stars, Bowman Heritage or Bowman to name a few. Fleer Authority and Fleer Platinum Series 1 have Ichiro and Pujols rcs for sure, and I believe Fleer Legacy does also.

If you are looking for a relatively low price for a chance at a Pujols RC, the best IMO is 2001 Topps Chrome series 2 (if there is a series 2 cant remember). The Fleer's chance is lower. I know the 2001 series with the bobble head, I think Donruss, has a pretty good chance at pulling. I think we would all be interested in knowing what you pick and what you get.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

Pujols is in Topps chrome series 2?
Thought it was just Topps traded.... Learn something new everyday
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I pulled a Albert Pujols out of my first topps chrome box in 2001 and then I bought a 2001 box in 2010 and got one. It was worth it.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

Don't buy Fleer Legacy. It was a great product in its day. I am afraid you might pull a redemption for the hat and they have all expired. not worth the risk.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.