`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
stole Derek's idea!

stole Derek's idea!
Saw Derek's thread about doing custom cards...being a Carl Erskine collector I have 20+ autoed cards that he's sent me over the years, so I decided to turn one into a custom card...WITH A JERSEY SWATCH (got a jersey card for a buck last week that I already had)...IN A BOOKLET (yes I had to one-up you derek, it's a rule!)

I wanna get some opinions before I get 'um printed!

COVER
[Image: outsideerskine_zps548b85b7.jpg]

INSIDE
[Image: combinederskine_zps96179239.jpg]

Opinions? Did I spell everything correctly? Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: stole Derek's idea!
That's awesome
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

Spelling looks good to me! Great card design! Good luck getting it printed.
Do you have someone that will professionally print this for you?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-24-2013, 08:17 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Spelling looks good to me! Great card design! Good luck getting it printed.
Do you have someone that will professionally print this for you?
I've been involved in photography since I was 3 (literally, my mother is a professonal lol) so I have sources lol. Going to give Walgreens a shot since I have a gift card that I otherwise wouldn't use, but if it's not up to snuff I have some online sources I can use!

I'm going to assemble it myself using white decoys as the stock with the card images mounted to it

Very creative. I like it. I'll give it an A
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

The only thing I might fix would be the contrast between the white lettering in the second picture and the back ground. It sort of blends together making it hard to read a bit.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

good idea bro, it looks better now
[Image: combinederskine_zpse1c950e2.jpg]

While you're at it, the Dodger Blue lettering on the cover blends in with the background picture a little. I'd either go a touch darker, or keep that color but increase the type size. Other than that, looks great.
What color is the jersey swatch ... From a home or away Dodgers jersey?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-24-2013, 02:01 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: While you're at it, the Dodger Blue lettering on the cover blends in with the background picture a little. I'd either go a touch darker, or keep that color but increase the type size. Other than that, looks great.
What color is the jersey swatch ... From a home or away Dodgers jersey?
....gray lol

Well I'm glad your attempting to one up me. I didn't realize we were competing. For the record though this is just photoshop. We'll call it one up if you actually make the card. My card is made and all done myself. No sending off to anyone.

Also I hope you have really thought this out. Designing a book is easy. Building it takes much more thought due to the fold and the thickness it must be. Then I'd wonder how you plan to cut nicely and evenly through that thick of a stock?

It's not impossible to do but not sure you have thought it all out. Shoot me a pic once its complete. This should be interesting to see.

Is this a cut on one side and a jersey behind the 1955?
Oh one last thing, seems you've thought of it all. How do you plan to cut the 1955 out smoothly? Just keep thinking that this looks like a very difficult task.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html