`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
UPDATE 27 MAY - New pick-ups (IPA/TTM/customs/etc)

UPDATE 27 MAY - New pick-ups (IPA/TTM/customs/etc)
27 MAY UPDATE IN POST #21 ( http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-152...pid2289543)

Hi all, a quick update on some recent pick-ups, including custom cards, in-person autos and through-the-mail autos. Remember that full stories and collection of these cards are on http://folkscards.webs.com

First of all I picked up this Dan Gadzuric game worn shooting shirt for just over 15 bucks. Shipping to Spain actually doubled the cost, but I think it's a fun addition to my collection of Dutch players' stuff.
[Image: gadz.jpg][Image: %24(KGrHqN,!h0FDv9(Ok-!BRBKQB41hg~~60_12.JPG]
Of course there's no way telling whether it's authentic, but for the relatively low price I think it was worth the risk.

Last Sunday I got this Jakim Donaldson (former Edinboro college, current CB Canarias player) in-person auto on custom card:
[Image: escanear0335.jpg]

Last Tuesday I got this in-person auto on custom card from Mike Efevberha (former Cal State Northridge, Iowa Energy, current CEZ Nymburk player):
[Image: efevberha.jpg]

I also met his teammate Demond 'Tweety' Carter (former Baylor, Tulsa 66ers) who turns out to be the leading scorer in US high school basketball history with 7457 points (according to Wiki). He signed this McDonald's card, but unfortunately the ink didn't adhere:
[Image: tcarter2.jpg]
Luckily I had also made a custom card (which he loved) and he signed that one as well.
[Image: tcarter1.jpg]
Our team absolutely demolished theirs 104-55, in a game we had to win to qualify for the next round in the Eurocup, while they were already eliminated. We chatted for about five minutes about how they're doing in Europe (lot of bad luck) and in the Czech league (leading 23-1) and he was really the kindest guy you can imagine.

Funny enough Jiri Welsch (former GSW, DAL, BOS, CLE, MIL) is also on their team. I had a rookie card of his and handed it for signature - turns out it was a different player, which was an awkward moment for the both of us, LOL!

RE: New pick-ups (IPA/TTM/customs/etc)
A quick update on more stuff. Yesterday Valencia Basket played their home game against Russian team Lokomotiv Kuban in the Eurocup semifinals. We knew it was going to be a tough game but hadn't anticipated on being 19 points behind (3rd quarter). Fortunately we managed to shorten the distance to 10 points and we still have a chance to make it to the finals.

After the game I had an opportunity to catch Derrick Brown (former Bobcats, Knicks) and Richard Hendrix (former Warriors) and have them signed two rookie cards. Through COMC I had also ordered regular cards for Nick Calathes (Wolves pick) and Jimmy Baron Jr., but unfortunately they didn't arrive in time, so instead I made two custom cards for them, which they signed.

more stuff, as always, on http://folkscards.webs.com

[Image: dbrown_s.JPG] [Image: hendrix_s.JPG]
[Image: ncalathes_s.JPG] [Image: jbaron_s.JPG]

RE: UPDATE 21 MARCH - New pick-ups (IPA/TTM/customs/etc)
Great story man! Seems like you are always running into someone lol. Nice additions for sure!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-22-2013, 08:30 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Great story man! Seems like you are always running into someone lol. Nice additions for sure!
lol yeah.. truth be told I've got all the players in the Spanish league and Eurocup checked well in advance for cards or made customs for the interesting players that don't have official cards. Tomorrow I should be up for another 5 autos when we play Gran Canaria.... fingers crossed

Awesome stuff bro...

Love that shirt either way!!!

I love the stories. That's the best way to collect cards, have a story for each one.

Today Valencia Basket received Herbalife Gran Canaria at home - a direct confrontation as we were tied in classification.

After the game I met with Australian player Brad Newley and with Xavi Rey who both signed custom cards.

I had a fun chat with Russian player and Raptors pick Uros Slokar, who signed the card shown below. He told me that this particular a card was a mess-up by Upper Deck as the player depicted is not him but some Canadian comedian (!!). They sent him a letter of apology and everything, lol.

I also met Jon Scheyer who signed this Topps McDonald's card.

[Image: slokar.jpg][Image: scheyer.jpg]

RE: UPDATE 24 MARCH - New pick-ups (IPA/TTM/customs/etc)
gorgeous stuff bro
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Hey Folkert, I understand that former NBA player Sharone Wright is coaching in the Spanish league (or assistant coach - one of the two). Have you ever had a chance to meet him?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(03-24-2013, 06:29 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Hey Folkert, I understand that former NBA player Sharone Wright is coaching in the Spanish league (or assistant coach - one of the two). Have you ever had a chance to meet him?
Hmm, if he is then he definitely has gone unnoticed on my TTM/IPA radar, lol. After some Google searching the last thing I can see is that he was an assistant coach with Eiffel Towers in Den Bosch, The Netherlands. His LinkedIn page says Los Angeles for a location, but I'm not sure how recent that is.

I checked the team pages for the top Spanish division and second division and haven't seen him mentioned there as coach or assistant, so I'm not sure what he's up to nowadays.

My search actually did have some results; I found two players of Dutch descent aaaaand I stumbled into this kid:
[Image: 7.jpg]

yes the son of Mr. Case Hit Legend Auto Smile

You may actually also be interested to know that the son of your man Ewing, Pat Ewing Jr., played here for two months as well. I had already bought his RC from COMC for signature when he plays Valencia here in a month's time, but unfortunately he just got cut from the roster.