`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest Retail Pull Ever ... KOBE IS HERE!

Craziest Retail Pull Ever ... KOBE IS HERE!
OK guys, you are not going to believe this.

I never thought it would happen to me, but it has ...

An expired redemption card.

And, it's a whopper.

Here's the deal.

I bought five of those mixed blasters at my local Target just a few minutes ago, and exactly one of them had exactly one pack of 2010-11 Donruss.

I was happy to see I got a redemption card for an auto ...

Then sad to see it expired on June 20, 2012 ...

Then checked the checklist to see who it was/would have been ...

[Image: KobeRedemption_zps14f734de.jpg]

203 Kobe Bryant G - Los Angeles Lakers /49

OK, so, before I pass out with disappointment, is there anything I can do?

I haven't scratched the code or tried to redeem it yet, and I'm going to call CS in the morning, but does anyone have any other advice/thoughts?

Obviously I want to put myself in the best position possible to land this auto or a similar one.

Thanks! RJ

UPDATE — CARD HAS BEEN SHIPPED! WOOT!

RE: Craziest Retail Pull Ever ... Saddest Story Ever ... Need Some Help!!!
They will still redeem it buddy. I have redeemed several expired redemptions from panini. None of the magnitude though.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(03-11-2013, 10:13 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: They will still redeem it buddy. I have redeemed several expired redemptions from panini. None of the magnitude though.
I'm just scared to scratch it, because I read somewhere that some other company (Upper Deck, maybe?) would only hook people up if they sent in the cards without the codes scratched (prevents fraud, I guess.)

I mean, I know that's paranoid, but ...

Crazy Kobe pull for you again, my man!

We're going to start needing some documentation on your breaks, i.e. a receipt, wrappers, etc., to prove you're not just sniping these off the bay and posting them, LOL

In fact, when I looked at the checklist and saw my Kobe, I was like, "holy s--t, I just pulled a J-March, LOL" ...

When your name is synonymous with pulling Kobe autos, that is a good thing.

Man, if this Kobe works out, it will easily qualify as my craziest pull ever, retail side.

And that's saying something when you factor in the Bryce and the Unibrow, LOL.

(03-11-2013, 10:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm just scared to scratch it, because I read somewhere that some other company (Upper Deck, maybe?) would only hook people up if they sent in the cards without the codes scratched (prevents fraud, I guess.)

I mean, I know that's paranoid, but ...

Crazy Kobe pull for you again, my man!

We're going to start needing some documentation on your breaks, i.e. a receipt, wrappers, etc., to prove you're not just sniping these off the bay and posting them, LOL

In fact, when I looked at the checklist and saw my Kobe, I was like, "holy s--t, I just pulled a J-March, LOL" ...

When your name is synonymous with pulling Kobe autos, that is a good thing.

Man, if this Kobe works out, it will easily qualify as my craziest pull ever, retail side.

And that's saying something when you factor in the Bryce and the Unibrow, LOL.
On your hit...Panini has always been good to me about redeeming expired stuff. Moreover, its their #1 spokesman. They have his autos available so I would figure that they would WANT to redeem his stuff(to make the most use of their exclusivity deal). I say roll the dice....but dont hate me if it doesn't work.

On my hit. The dual. OK, there are five cards in that set that are out of five. That means there are 25 of the Spokesmen autos in the print run. It is a cheap product and Panini wouldnt trot out a product to lose money on, would they? They would product more and more and more of the product to be in the black. The odds are simply astronomical of hitting one of the duals in this product. It just so happens I hit one with Kobe on it. This makes four Kobe's since December.

Your hit. Roll the Dice!

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

You should absolutely try. The worst that can happen is that they say "no" and you're the same way off as you are right now!

As far as not scratching it off, just call them first and see if they're willing to still redeem it, and if so, then ask what the procedure would be because it probably wouldn't work online and you would have to do it on the phone anyway (JMarch- if you've already redeemed some expired ones, perhaps you have some insight on this?).
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Yeah I never called or anything. I just did it and hoped. Again though, my expired ones were low end scrubs that I needed for sets. I would still go for the gusto.

Im telling you, you need to contact Tracy through twitter. It will be reddemed.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Contact thier CSM on Twitter...they usually respond quickly or call them up...

if you get a runaround, contact Tracy...
[Image: arod.gif]

Hey guys, update (Tuesday AM) — Last night Tracy got back to me and said he had forwarded the note to David Sharp, the CS manager, said he was "the best in the business" and he would take care of me.

In the meantime, I had opened a CS claim question asking them about it, and they replied this morning that they honor all expired redemptions and to redeem it as usual.

So, I went for it ... and it worked just like any other redemption!

Just to be safe, I'm going to circle back around to Tracy and David to let them know I redeemed it.

(And I'm keeping ALL correspondence handy until Kobe shows up in my mailbox!)

Anyway, I know I'm being paranoid/obsessive ... but, hey, it's Kobe.

On card. Numbered to 49. Out of a $12 mixer.

Cannot do better than that, my friends!

Thanks for everybody's advice and what not.

Major update, Wednesday AM ... card has been shipped! Woot!

I'll get a scan up as soon as I receive it.

Thanks again for everyone's help!