`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Topps Platinum Value Pack chaos

Topps Platinum Value Pack chaos
As many of you know Topps has released its 2012 Platinum cards in retail stores via Value packs. Each value pack contains three 4 card packs of Topps Platinum and a special bonus 3 card pack of Orange Parallels. Having bought them before, I gave no second thought to buying the last five packs on the rack at my local retail store the name of which I will omit from this post.
When I got home I started ripping into them. The first 3 packs yielded some great pulls. An RG3,a Luke Kuechly blue parallel auto and orange parallels of both Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Then I got to the 4th rack pack. This is where the chaos began. In stead of getting a pack of 3 orange parallels, it contained 4 Panini Rookies & Stars cards- all commons- and to make matters worse,2 of the 3 packs of regular Platinum contained no RCs or Platinum commons but instead had 2012 SCORE cards and 1 more of the R&S. Needless to say this was a massive error on the part of Topps and their packing machines and had that been the only pack left on the shelf and I paid the SRP of $9.49 for it, I would have been more than a little upset. But, I take it all in stride. Guess it happens from time to time. Just wanted to share the story because I thought it was an interesting one. Smile

RE: Topps Platinum Value Pack chaos
Not a Topps error - someone bought them, took all the cards out of them and resealed them. They then took it back and returned it. Got the cards and their money back.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

That kind of thing happened to me when I went to a walmart in florida. bought 20 topps chrome loose packs and not a single refractor and he stuffed them with a bucnh of brian orakpo base lol
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

This has been happening all over the nation. Topps is aware of it and trying to figure out what is going on. A guy I know got some 1996 Metal cards in his 2012 Topps card packs.

Yup happened to me too with the chrome rack packs. I got all regular topps cards. I find it difficult to think it was somebody who returned it though because there wasnt any wrapping that wasnt true to the product and everything was perfectly sealed. I got a platinum blaster once that somebody returned but when I looked at it, it was easy to spot because it had a shrink wrap on it much stiffer than what topps uses and it didnt have the topps logo on it.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I think I had the worst case of someone buying a box and returning it minus any good cards. I bought a box of 2009 Topps chrome football and when I opened the packs they were all 2008 Topps chrome with no rookies. I had the feeling an employee might have done it because the box was wrapped in plastic.

(02-03-2013, 10:26 AM)ugameck Wrote: Not a Topps error - someone bought them, took all the cards out of them and resealed them. They then took it back and returned it. Got the cards and their money back.
Bingo. Happens all the time...sorry you learned the hard way, but most of us have. I opened a box of Press Pass last year, sealed in plastic, and it was full of baseball cards. Yes, all the packs were perfectly resealed too...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Man I hate the lowlifes in this industry! They think they're just stealing from Target or Wal-mart, so that's OK. They don't see the other people including kids that buy their resealed garbage only to get screwed. I hope the one Michael Egnew or Dwayne Allen auto was worth it, dirtbag.

OP I'm glad you got decent stuff in the legit packs you opened. I have yet to get anything remotely good out of the Platinum racks, but I've only bought half a dozen or so. The guaranteed (well, supposedly) Orange refractors in this and Chrome make the racks more appealing than blasters IMHO.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I bought a 2011 Topps Chrome Blaster Box from a Target 6 months ago and each pack in it had a Panini product as well (either Prestige 2010 or Absolute 2010). What's weird was, the other 3 cards were Chrome, including good rookies (Newton & Kaepernick) and refractors. No clue what that could have been about. Makes no sense that it had someone else's product in it!

HA HA!! Jokes on them. I bought the last pack of 2012 Topps Chrome Rack Pack and got a 100 dollar Andrew Luck SP out of it......LOL.