`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Any Good Pulls from 2013 Topps Series I?

RE: Any Good Pulls from 2013 Topps Series I?
Pretty cool JR we scored today

[Image: 20130130_155320.jpg]

I think you might've gotten my Nolan and Rangers boxes and I got your Yankees box with the Mo Rivera. Haha. Nice Rangers and Nolan pulls.

(01-30-2013, 06:56 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Here's what I got today from some blasters ....

a8c4df9e5cc465df70e6f281a13b8d22_zpsa303eb7f photo a8c4df9e5cc465df70e6f281a13b8d22_zpsa303eb7f.jpg

Id be interested in that griffey Wink

(01-30-2013, 06:56 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Here's what I got today from some blasters ....

a8c4df9e5cc465df70e6f281a13b8d22_zpsa303eb7f photo a8c4df9e5cc465df70e6f281a13b8d22_zpsa303eb7f.jpg
no org, please do not send trade requests

(01-30-2013, 11:23 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I think you might've gotten my Nolan and Rangers boxes and I got your Yankees box with the Mo Rivera. Haha. Nice Rangers and Nolan pulls.
Yeah, our blaster boxes may have been switched at birth Smile
There might be something to that distribution conspiracy theory that someone here mentioned Smile
My pulls were very Ranger-heavy ... And ironically, the only decent Yankee hit was the A-rod SP "out of bounds" card.
I also got 2 camo cards this time .... Here they are

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I opened a total of 8 blasters and 8 hangers with no autos, or GU relics. Except for the patch cards and silk cards that came with the blasters, I'd have been better off buying 2 jumbo hobby boxes.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have been strictly opening hanger packs. You get about 10 inserts out of each 36 card pack, which means there's about 25 base cards per pack. So in four hangers ($20), you'd get 40 inserts and 100 base cards.

In the blasters (also $20), you get a patch card (goes for a few $$$ on ebay) probably 16-20 inserts and about 60 base cards.

I am a base set builder, so buying the hangers seems like a better deal. Plus, I have more inserts to trade for the remaining base I will need.
I'm not big spending a few more bucks to get an auto and 2 GUd that will sell for less than $20 combined on ebay (unless you hit a star auto).

By the way, we pre-ordered our Series II about a week ago. You had to buy 3 regular boxes for every jumbo you ordered. You couldn't just order jumbo and you couldn't order the same amount of each, which we have done in the past.

(01-31-2013, 12:03 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: By the way, we pre-ordered our Series II about a week ago. You had to buy 3 regular boxes for every jumbo you ordered. You couldn't just order jumbo and you couldn't order the same amount of each, which we have done in the past.
Wow ... That sucks. Who'd you order from? Was that a Topps direct order or from distributor? Sounds very restrictive.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-31-2013, 12:09 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow ... That sucks. Who'd you order from? Was that a Topps direct order or from distributor? Sounds very restrictive.
We go through a distributor. Not big enough to go straight from Topps. Although I wish we could.

Busted a box and 14 more packs (just to be able to send in for the silver pack) and my best card was a Bryce Harper Pink #ed to 50.

Started with 6 Jumbo packs...no real decent hits (see post in mdavison's thread). And although I was very happy to pull both (base) Shelby Miller (RC) & Trevor Miller (RC)...(anybody got any parallels for me? ^_^), the best pull was a Johan Santana Black #/62. Plan on going to pick up some retail later tonight or tomorrow.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

My Walmart is usually early with their stock. I started collecting again last year just before Series 2 came out so baseball was pretty much well underway. Every release after that they put out at least 1 day early. I went Tuesday hoping to get some but they weren't there. I went again Wednesday but the shelf was just as empty as it had been all winter. There has been 1 lonely 2012 Update blaster sitting there for a few months, surrounded by cartoons I know nothing about and some NASCAR packs.
[Image: badtime.jpg]