`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1st Hockey Cut Auto...

My 1st Hockey Cut Auto...
I spent my life savings (not really) to acquire this cut autograph since it's his first and only one. It's an ITG card, but they pride themselves on authenticity, so I felt the money was worth it. I own his C55 RC so to own his first certified cut auto was definitely a must-have. Here it is:

[Image: maloneITGSuperlativePaperCuts.jpg]

Joe Malone, one of the first goal-scoring stars of the early NHL. Still owns the NHL record of 7 goals in 1 game. A nice clean auto too. Just wanted to share.

RE: My 1st Hockey Cut Auto...
Amazing. Congrats on that sick pick up.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

to say its neat for sure
whats the history on the cut auto? is it on the back of the card or an additional cert card.
lol,

most likely by the time you read this i'll have the answer....

Very cool card and an awsome record that still stands today!!

congrats on it

where did you buy it from?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(01-12-2013, 06:16 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: congrats on it

where did you buy it from?
From someone who pulled it on another forum.
Wink 
A great card!!!!

Sad that you said this though: "It's an ITG card, but they pride themselves on authenticity, so I felt the money was worth it. "

Putting the word BUT in there makes you sound like you think ITG cards are inferior to others, which makes me cringe. You know ITG cards are always authentic, even though they do not have an NHL license.

Should have been worded:
"It's an ITG card, AND they pride themselves on authenticity, so I felt the money was worth it.

That is a SUPER card though. Congrats!!!

--Curt

[Image: Gaborik-Banner-3.gif]

(01-12-2013, 03:17 PM)gabbyguy Wrote: A great card!!!!

Sad that you said this though: "It's an ITG card, but they pride themselves on authenticity, so I felt the money was worth it. "

Putting the word BUT in there makes you sound like you think ITG cards are inferior to others, which makes me cringe. You know ITG cards are always authentic, even though they do not have an NHL license.

Should have been worded:
"It's an ITG card, AND they pride themselves on authenticity, so I felt the money was worth it.

The only reason I made the statement is the lack of secondary market value for ITG cards. If this was a UD or Panini card with the Canadiens logo it would have made it more valuable or at least would have been more expensive than I could afford. I realize they produce great cards and their vintage collection via cut autos and memorabilia is second to none, it's just the ITG brand being unlicensed doesn't carry the value it should. That's all, nothing intentional was meant by my original statement.

(01-12-2013, 03:17 PM)gabbyguy Wrote: A great card!!!!

Should have been worded:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

yeah, I used to think they were the best and they prided themselves on being better than the rest even without the license, but this newest release of the product 'the history' has really given them a black eye in my opinion.

Not to take away from the card though because it is super sweet. I await for the day i can collect rare cards with a nice little story like this. This one is a keeper Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches