`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
semi-recent high-end box??

RE: semi-recent high-end box??
(01-10-2013, 03:14 PM)buckunteer Wrote: You are absolutely, 100%, non-arguably right...which is why I'm hoping to do both since I got a little Christmas cash too :-D
Good man, in the long run you will be much happier! I was lucky to pull my MJ auto that I have (Besides an autographed Beckett I have, that I bought after winning a huge poker tournament). At first I missed busting wax but I have not missed it since I realized what I could get will all the money I spent on wax. My MJ collection really started taking shape once I decided this.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Thanks! I'm being really picky though, trying to find a nice old-school MJ auto, but it's much less cost-effective than getting a new one since there are more floating around. I actually threw a $500 offer on one (1996 SPx Record Breaker auto/250), but it was quickly shot down, as the last one sold for well over high bv, which I HATE paying for anything! haha I just want nice cards that I like.

Speaking of which...if you've got any spare MJs still laying around since you're downsizing, I might take a few of your hands if the price is right Smile LMK what you got!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-11-2013, 12:03 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Thanks! I'm being really picky though, trying to find a nice old-school MJ auto, but it's much less cost-effective than getting a new one since there are more floating around. I actually threw a $500 offer on one (1996 SPx Record Breaker auto/250), but it was quickly shot down, as the last one sold for well over high bv, which I HATE paying for anything! haha I just want nice cards that I like.

Speaking of which...if you've got any spare MJs still laying around since you're downsizing, I might take a few of your hands if the price is right Smile LMK what you got!
Take a look at my buckett. I am not getting rid of everything, but if there is something you are interested in let me know and we can go from there!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I totally feel you when it comes to the fun of ripping but I couldn't agree more with buying singles. Don't get me wrong, I have pulled some nice stuff on occasion but the return is much better on singles.

If you're spending 500 on an auto maybe even look into some sick early inserts.that can get you a scoring kings, team leader, total D, hot numbers, BMOC, so many nice ones.

(01-11-2013, 12:09 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Take a look at my buckett. I am not getting rid of everything, but if there is something you are interested in let me know and we can go from there!
OK that's proving a bit tough. Just in the first four scans I needed 8 cards lol. I'm not sure which are FS or not. I'm partial to that skybox standouts card in particular, as well as the best cuts refractor and the platinum player's club card you have listed in your org. Maybe just PM me a list of stuff FT/FS and I'll pick and choose? Or make a subalbum of MJs you have up for offer?

LMK. Thanks!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

You could always go with a box of the Fleer Retro. The prices have dropped on them. I don't know how many Jordan autos are left in that product but there were some beautiful 1/1 buyback autos, not to mention his regular autos and the PMGs and all that....

I like the idea behind the Fleer retro product. If they still had the NBA licence...damn.

Looks like boxes have dropped to the $400 range now.

Yeah I paid 475 for a box like right after they came out. I pretty much struck out but some of those buyback Jordan Autos are amazing. They picked some damn good cards for those I think. It is a shame though no NBA License... it would have been so much nicer in NBA jerseys.

I thought about Fleer Retro as well. Seems like there are a lot of inserts that are selling well that could be pulled, so since I don't PC new stuff I might be able to trade or sell things to lessen the blow if I didn't pull an MJ auto.

Still not a fan of the college unis though, but I'll figure something out eventually!

(01-11-2013, 11:53 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I thought about Fleer Retro as well. Seems like there are a lot of inserts that are selling well that could be pulled, so since I don't PC new stuff I might be able to trade or sell things to lessen the blow if I didn't pull an MJ auto.

Still not a fan of the college unis though, but I'll figure something out eventually!
There are a lot of high selling cards in that product, not to mention Lebron Autos... It is an expensive risk but that is the best way to get a payout.