`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My newest/favorite acquisition (non-card)

My newest/favorite acquisition (non-card)
I just unpacked this at the office yesterday.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I was going to keep it there, but my daughters want me to bring it home. I think my wife is happier with it at the office. Smile
I'm torn ... I think it would be awesome watching the opening of the baseball season from an old Yankee stadium chair, but it's fun to see the reaction it gets from my patients. Either way, I really need to bust a box of 2013 Topps series one, sitting in seat #7!
So ... What do you think? Home or office?
Thanks,
Mitch

BTW: Remarkably comfortable!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My newest/favorite acquisition (non-card)
Depends on if your patients are Yankee fans or not! Very freaking cool nonetheless.

That is insanely cool! Steiner?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-10-2013, 11:15 PM)thepozr Wrote: Depends on if your patients are Yankee fans or not! Very freaking cool nonetheless.
Thanks!
I had one patient who went home and 20 minutes later her husband ran in just to sit in it!
They happen to be Mets fans, but we mutually appreciate the rivalry Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

LOL oh man, was that expensive? I would leave it at the office for about a week so I could see the reactions but then I would take it home and enjoy it for myself Smile

(01-10-2013, 11:18 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: That is insanely cool! Steiner?
Thanks and correct! For authentic Yankee stuff, there's nobody better or more dependable than Steiner! I think they have a guy that sits at the stadium logging in and authenticating everything ... Every game ball, bat, base, etc.
I bought a game used Mark Teixeira auto ball from Steiner, and they tell you what game it's from. Mine was from Mets vs. Yanks 6/8/12. I wish Topps could do that with their relic cards/jersey cards! My wife actually bought a Jeter ball from Steiner and researched / trusted them for their authenticity. I can't remember where the Jeter ball was from, or if it was game used at all. I'll have to check.
Mitch

Very nice!!
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(01-10-2013, 11:23 PM)YuriTheFury Wrote: LOL oh man, was that expensive? I would leave it at the office for about a week so I could see the reactions but then I would take it home and enjoy it for myself Smile
So far the reactions are worthy of the expense Smile
It wasn't insanely expensive and if anyone is interested, You can redeem your American Express points for Steiner memorabilia! This is starting to sound like a Steiner commercial Smile
Mitch

That's pretty sweet. I'd have to have that At home
no org, please do not send trade requests

(01-10-2013, 11:35 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Very nice!!
Thanks!
I wish I could get one of the original wood seats from the oldest "house that Ruth built" but this seat has seen it's share of World Series since they refurbished in 1976.
Besides, the wood ones are insanely rare and expensive .... Sotheby's kind of expensive. I don't think I would ever remotely be able afford or justify THAT purchase.
(01-10-2013, 11:48 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: That's pretty sweet. I'd have to have that At home
Thanks!
Yeah, still debating that ... I might do what YuritheFury suggested and keep it for a while at the office then bring it home after I get to enjoy more of the reactions from my patients! I feel like a kid when I sit in it, and it's fun to see other people having that same reaction.
It's funny... If I show someone a rare baseball card, unless they are collectors like you, they usually roll their eyes and think I'm whacked Smile
The Yankee stadium seat is something they can understand .... They still think I'm a little whacked, but they don't do "the eye roll"-thing Smile
Mitch

PS: .... And I wonder, if I keep it at the office, is it a business expense? Hmmm?
My waiting room WOULD look pretty cool with 8 stadium seats !