Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page
Shocked 
The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page
Seeing the race finally take off this is my own opinion of who I think is in the lead as of now week 2:

Hey this is strictly my own opinion but it looks like Emory might be in the lead only because he is now moving into scared cards "2012 Topps Chrome Kevin Youkilis Red Refractor (could be tricky finding a value though)
Followed by dbrookerd(in the autos now) Finest Billy Butler Auto refractor
That Trout (2011 Topps Update Rookie) that Neifeit is offering might move him into the lead.
Dontpray has a nice 1999 Topps Traded Josh Hamilton Rookie card that could jump start him
Can't forget Lecerro and Randall are taking the HOF route... (Special Inserts to sweeten it up) Someone always likes to collect those players....
What do you guys think.

P.S. Those in the race can't answer. This is a FANS Thread LOL
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page
Looks like a lot of fun. I agree with your report thus far. That Trout RC could foster a sizable trade. As a recent "Trade Downer" I'm rooting for Randall44 and hope he is able to do well with the card I've traded him. Good luck to all participants though!
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

Interesting....the $5 cards have quickly hit $25. This is a 3 month competition. I'm dying myself to see how this turns out.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I will be interested to see at what point this hits a wall. It is easy for the traders to get to a certain point as the "spectators" are joining in on the fun but at some point that will not be the case as the values rise.

(01-08-2013, 10:16 AM)jamesray3 Wrote: I will be interested to see at what point this hits a wall. It is easy for the traders to get to a certain point as the "spectators" are joining in on the fun but at some point that will not be the case as the values rise.
It's all about sell value so at some point trades will be even BV possibly buy maybe not even sell value. The whole goal is to end up with a nice card to PC and have fun. Some people may not wanna play and have fun but the some of us just enjoy the card world and are tired of sitting watching a site die.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Lol when I read your post i felt like i was at the Kentucky Derby lol

I love the idea and have tried working on helping out some involved. I love watching it play out and do hope that idea's like this help increase traffic and get the population involved in the site.

Just was simply saying at some point the trades are going to get hard unless those involved pick up some key cards and are able to work with those that PC the players. It would be easy for me to deal someone a $25 BV card for a $12 BV card. I am just curious to see at what point things get more difficult for the traders to continue.

(01-08-2013, 10:20 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: It's all about sell value so at some point trades will be even BV possibly buy maybe not even sell value. The whole goal is to end up with a nice card to PC and have fun. Some people may not wanna play and have fun but the some of us just enjoy the card world and are tired of sitting watching a site die.

I think the jumps we be more subtle over the next 2 months. Right now it's easy to double up, but as has been said at some point soon that will be much more difficult. However going from a $50 card to a $60 or $70 card might not be too hard. The really hard part will be once the card values get over $100, as there will be a much more limited number of cards to trade for. It will definitely be interesting to see what everyone ends up with in the end. It has been fun to see it progress so far.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm really looking forward to seeing what cards come about in the coming weeks. I might have to dip into my personal collection if some interesting stuff presents itself.
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

(01-08-2013, 10:36 AM)pjpitbull Wrote: Lol when I read your post i felt like i was at the Kentucky Derby lol
LOL The BECKETT Derby 2013.. There will be two more this year so lets see who wins the Triple Crown!

(01-08-2013, 10:20 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: It's all about sell value so at some point trades will be even BV possibly buy maybe not even sell value. The whole goal is to end up with a nice card to PC and have fun. Some people may not wanna play and have fun but the some of us just enjoy the card world and are tired of sitting watching a site die.
++++1 I agree the traffic in this site has been slow and the trades even slower. I trade in the mid to low range 9 out of 10 times cause high end trades are rare.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331