`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does it bother you when???

RE: Does it bother you when???
Kobe/Antawn might have been produced after they both had 50 in the same game? Just trying to make it work lol. I'm not a fan of dual mem unless they're on the same team, or have an obvious or historical link to one another.

(01-03-2013, 11:44 PM)briankort Wrote: This is another one that confuses me. Shaq in a miami heat uniform and they put a laker Jersey on the card...WTF???

[Image: shaq_zpsaca9c2df.jpg]
And this is one someone on the 'bay would call "rare" to jack up the price.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I'm pretty sure the Carter/Bird dual was because they were both Fleer spokesmen that season (might be wrong on that one though, I just seem to remember that for some reason)
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(01-04-2013, 12:00 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: They played against each other 32 times in the regular season and 6 times in the Playoffs. Meanwhile, they are two of the greatest PFs of all-time.
When Garnett was a Celtic, Mr. Statistics? Wink

ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(01-04-2013, 01:17 PM)briankort Wrote: When Garnett was a Celtic, Mr. Statistics? Wink
Nope, he joined the Celtics long after Malone had retired.

What do you want Upper Deck to do? Use an old photo of Garnett? Even though it's a 2009-10 card?

(01-04-2013, 01:46 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: Nope, he joined the Celtics long after Malone had retired.

What do you want Upper Deck to do? Use an old photo of Garnett? Even though it's a 2009-10 card?
Isn't that an old photo of Karl Malone. Of course, they do it everyday. That picture of Malone is not from the 2009-10 season, right?

Anyway, this is not a real bad example. I do agree they were/are both great power forwards and will both be in the HOF someday. I just think card companies should put a little thought into cards and we as consumers should ask for a little more.

(01-04-2013, 02:44 PM)briankort Wrote: Isn't that an old photo of Karl Malone. Of course, they do it everyday. That picture of Malone is not from the 2009-10 season, right?

Anyway, this is not a real bad example. I do agree they were/are both great power forwards and will both be in the HOF someday. I just think card companies should put a little thought into cards and we as consumers should ask for a little more.
I agree with you - some of the cards feature weird pairings.

But a card featuring Malone and Garnett makes sense to me, since they played each other plenty of times and are two of the greatest power forwards ever.

Likewise, I think the Jamison and Kobe card is cool because I remember their epic battle in the 2000-01 season (I think it was) when they both had 50+ points.

Maybe UD knew that one day Jamison would join the Lakers. Man UD is amazing! No wonder Panini is struggling. How can you compete with a company that can see into the future?
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

The Shaq card with him pictured in a Miami uniform while the swatch is a lakers jersey ... that is typical of upperdeck (even though the card shown is Fleer/Skybox i believe) - I guess upper deck carried on Fleer's bad habits when they bought the licensing. i can't tell you how many UD GU cards I have of Garnett showing him in a Celtics uni, but the swatch is a T'wolves jersey. And a lot of these are 2009-10 Cards!

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

This thread has given me a new collecting idea. I can try to collect some of the worst combinations of GU'd cards out there as well as cards where the player is currently with a different team than the jersey/patch that is on the card.

Not sure if I will do it, but it's a thought.