`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rookie Of The Year Collection

RE: Rookie Of The Year Collection
HA! Davis breaks a leg! Love it! Ive been saying hes too frail to last very long in this league. It looks like Lillard will be the biggest competition. Davis is doing very well, but I hate how being the first pick makes people feel like hes a shoe in for the ROY. MKG has hustled waaay more than Davis. When I see Davis playing, he looks like he feels he is a sophmore already. too relaxed for a rookie. Dont get me wrong, hes playing very well, just not putting in that ROY effort like MKG and Lillard. I saw a top 10 ROY contender article and MKG was listed 6th. What a joke. There were three people I hadn't heard much about at all in front of him. I guess your team has to be winning to get recognized by the media.
I still don't know how Kyrie got ROY when he missed most of the season. Its like it was his before the season started. When he played he was definately ROY. I think there should be a missed game max for ROY contenders. Lots of unknowns when you miss that many games.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

You might want to consider the 1980 Topps Bird/Cartwright/Drew card or one of the Leader cards of Bird from 1980 Topps as they are considerably less expensive than the Bird/Erving/Johnson card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-02-2013, 12:20 PM)djohn Wrote: You might want to consider the 1980 Topps Bird/Cartwright/Drew card or one of the Leader cards of Bird from 1980 Topps as they are considerably less expensive than the Bird/Erving/Johnson card.
True, however, they don't count. Thus all the Fleer 1986-87. I'm getting a little obsessive with selecting which ones I want. Now I'm thinking of throwing an Okafor auto in the mix...dumb, wouldn't match. Gotta go with another one.

(01-03-2013, 07:37 PM)therobertogato Wrote: True, however, they don't count. Thus all the Fleer 1986-87. I'm getting a little obsessive with selecting which ones I want. Now I'm thinking of throwing an Okafor auto in the mix...dumb, wouldn't match. Gotta go with another one.
Id go with Dwight or maybe Ben Gordon.

(01-04-2013, 11:55 AM)quavis Wrote: Id go with Dwight or maybe Ben Gordon.
Neither were rookie of the year. One major award a Bobcat won! Need to see if I have a Lillard because that seems to be the man this year. I'm gonna scan that Ewing, looks like it's smaller than it should be? What do you call it? Tampered with?

I like this idea keep us posted on how it goes and lets see some pictures when you get a chance
Photobucket

(01-16-2013, 08:29 PM)therobertogato Wrote: Neither were rookie of the year. One major award a Bobcat won! Need to see if I have a Lillard because that seems to be the man this year. I'm gonna scan that Ewing, looks like it's smaller than it should be? What do you call it? Tampered with?
I know but theyd look better in the collection than Okafor. ughh.lol

I wouldn't stick with any brand of card. I would just make it totally random. Pick a card that you like from the sets available that year. Base RC's, not refractors and die cuts and jerseys and all that. The most you should have to pay for any card from 1976 to now would probably be about $5-$10.

For example the most expensive topps RC for 1976-77 is David Thompson with a value of around $40. You can probably get one for $10. Add a little more for how picky you are about condition.

I see some people doing a collection like this with football. Heismann trophy winners.

Good luck with the collection and keep us up to date with photos.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade