`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Adrian Peterson AUTO pick up and a couple of others from the LCS. SCANS

Adrian Peterson AUTO pick up and a couple of others from the LCS. SCANS
Went to the LCS and made a trade. Wanted the RG III helmet as well but that was sold about an hour before I go there, was pretty pissed, but he's getting another one at the end of the month. You can bet I'm on that on...

All of the auto's this guy gets are from up north in Denver from a sports memorabilia shop. Everything comes with 2 COA's, one from the LCS and another from the place in Denver. Might send it to PSA though to just up the value a bit...

The COA's are in my binder. Not posting them.

[Image: COA_zps2acce23c.jpg]

[Image: COA_zps2a18ee5f.jpg]

[Image: Petersonminihelmetclose-up_zpsf22b2bf2.jpg]

Couple of RC's:

[Image: RGIIIToppsPlatinumRC_zps5869bda8.jpg]

[Image: 2005UDPremierAaronRodgersRCBGS95_zps90132ff0.jpg]

Really digging the MINI HELMET AUTO's...kinda neat!

Thanx for the L@@K guys/galsSmile

RE: Adrian Peterson AUTO pick up and a couple of others from the LCS. SCANS
That autographed mini helmet is amazing. Love looking at those things. The RGIII die-cut card is really sweet too.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(01-02-2013, 06:09 PM)nineof Wrote: That autographed mini helmet is amazing. Love looking at those things. The RGIII die-cut card is really sweet too.
Thanks bro...

loving the cards man!.. but the mini... i hate to be a stick in the mud but that AP needs to see PSA. those COA's are worthless and that auto looks iffy at best to me...i collected AP for while...until my wallet hurt..lol....my bro has 40+ auto's ..all PSA BGS or cards with card factory COA,...from all of his years so far and none look like that. i know the shop thing..but unless your shop was there to witness this signing.. ..mabye a picture of him signing it...
Wink
just sayin'
oh...and i have been wrong before no doubt....just not often
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(01-02-2013, 07:18 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: loving the cards man!.. but the mini... i hate to be a stick in the mud but that AP needs to see PSA. those COA's are worthless and that auto looks iffy at best to me...i collected AP for while...until my wallet hurt..lol....my bro has 40+ auto's ..all PSA BGS or cards with card factory COA,...from all of his years so far and none look like that. i know the shop thing..but unless your shop was there to witness this signing.. ..mabye a picture of him signing it...
Wink
just sayin'
Smile
I was going to say the same thing... looks nothing like any AP auto I've ever seen...
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(01-02-2013, 07:18 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: loving the cards man!.. but the mini... i hate to be a stick in the mud but that AP needs to see PSA. those COA's are worthless and that auto looks iffy at best to me...i collected AP for while...until my wallet hurt..lol....my bro has 40+ auto's ..all PSA BGS or cards with card factory COA,...from all of his years so far and none look like that. i know the shop thing..but unless your shop was there to witness this signing.. ..mabye a picture of him signing it...
Wink
just sayin'
Smile
If you look online, a lot of his sigs are different looking. I guess it depends on what kind of day he is having? I've seen some weird looking ones that were certified by Mounted and some other notable ones that would have you scratching your head...

Not sure why this guy would have fakes in his shop. He's got a lot of stuff auto'd and gets a lot of business...

Would hate to bring it back and tell him he's got a fake.

No loss for me though as he does guarantee all of his stuff as well or money back so I'm not at a total loss if you know what I mean.

Why is it that people always think something is fake right off the bat? No one gives anybody the benefit of the doubt these days it seems.

See something nice and automatically assume it's fake...lol I don't get it. This hobby has changed so much it seems. PSA has authenticated fake stuff too before in the past as well. I guess it's all about the gut feeling then.

(01-02-2013, 08:53 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: See something nice and automatically assume it's fake...lol I don't get it. This hobby has changed so much it seems. PSA has authenticated fake stuff too before in the past as well. I guess it's all about the gut feeling then.
It's not about seeing something nice and assuming it's fake...it's seeing something fake and calling it what it is. That's not AP's auto, even on a bad day. Remember, he blew out his knee, not his wrist.

Go get your cash back and then tell me which shop it was so I don't go in there...

I know we sound harsh in this thread, but we're trying to help you. If you're going to start collecting someone you don't have much of, be sure to do your homework first. Look at every single certified on-card auto you can find. Mounted Memories, PSA, JSA, and every other "certifying" agency have been known to be wrong... So, yes, go with your gut and then back it up. Use the fancy cell phone/iPad/etc. in the store to look at anything on the bay you can find as backup before you blow a ton of cash on something that isn't real. Sorry, but at least there is a return policy.

On the other hand, that Rogers 9.5 is nice. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

that is a horrible attempt at AP's signature. almost as bad as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adrian-Peterson-...3f20035b74
(gotta love his idea of proof)

But I've seen AP sign at Tri-Star twice, looked at 2 pages of ebay auctions as well, and can't find anything close to all the swoops that make up the back 90% of that auto on your helmet . Also the "A" looks closer to Aaron Rodgers than AP's.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(01-03-2013, 01:17 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: that is a horrible attempt at AP's signature. almost as bad as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adrian-Peterson-...3f20035b74
(gotta love his idea of proof)

But I've seen AP sign at Tri-Star twice, looked at 2 pages of ebay auctions as well, and can't find anything close to all the swoops that make up the back 90% of that auto on your helmet . Also the "A" looks closer to Aaron Rodgers than AP's.
notice there were no bids... i have several AP autos on sports cards, not memorabilia. I can maybe see a signature different on a bigger space but i sadly have to agree with everyone.. comparing that signature to the ones i have isnt close at all. If were wrong and it is his.. great pick up.. love the griffin and rodgers too!

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Thanks guys for the opinions! Think I'm gonna take it back and get another RG 3 rookie #'d 299 Black Refractor instead.,,,

Guess I got overly excited when I saw it and didn't even think twiceSad