`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I wanna hear what you think....

I wanna hear what you think....
Am I the only one that wants more from a box of cards than an overload of rookie variations?

When I open a box I'd like to see more veteran players and HOFers. All the rookie junk they put in boxes these days is discouraging. Where is the variety????

RE: I wanna hear what you think....
I agree 100%. I think they are overproducing the products too. I also dislike only rookie sets. Inception or even strata would be so much better if there was veteran and HOF autos! Imagine the rivets with HOF's in the set.

Yes - that's why you should buy presspass legends Smile

No, seriously - I was actually thinking about it today - that crap player you pull today, the I drafted rookie auto, could just be the next Victor Cruz, or Alfred Morris (yes, he was drafted - but not cards after cards produced like he was some stud like Juron Criner (did I spell that right).

No - I try to stay away from most products - I look at checklists - Classics is a popular product for me, absolute and limited because you can pull vets.... Topps gives you a chance....UD Legends this past year put put some too. Just see what's in the checklist and hold out for what you want.
Okay - I reread your post - yes - I hate rookie "top heavy" products. Always have. But, I appreciate the few that go deep past the draft into the "walk on/free agent" zone. But, I hate that every (generally) set these days is all about the RC. I did mention Legends....
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Rookies sign autos for cheap, veterans are expensive.

I agree, I would love to see just one set devoted to the starts of the game and nothing else. Ill never buy a box of cards cause I know the box hit will just be some LB picked in the 3rd round.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Absolute is my favorite to have better chances at star/vet hits. Only four packs a box, with a nice amount of parallel base, vet and rookie hits.
Inception would definitely awesome with vet stuff!
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Rookie heavy for sure and skill position heavy as well, although there isn't even one card of pro bowler record breaking rookie kicker Blair Walsh which the Vikings don't make the playoffs without him on the team. There is plenty wrong with card companies, but there is a lot wrong with collector's as well. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Totally agree, but just like lotto tickets collectors keep buying it because theres always a chance to win big even though a 1000have to lose in order for 1 to win. Topps Archives in baseball is awesome because you get retired players autos and it brings back memories of players you watched growing up. But I'm also one of the idiots that just loves breaking boxes.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(12-31-2012, 10:45 PM)samiamryan Wrote: I agree, I would love to see just one set devoted to the starts of the game and nothing else.
Me too.. I'd love to see a set dedicated to the coin flips..lol

I'd like to see a set dedicated to the veterans. That way, when you do have jersey cards of second year players, they would be from an actual game, and not event worn

Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

One of the things that always attracted me to products like Rookies and Stars in previous years has always been the inclusion of Rcs for EVERY player in the draft. I like being able to get cards of even the 7th rounders and Free Agent Signers.
HOWEVER, I'm not a big fan of autos from guys who will likely be cut within a few weeks of camp being the HITS of a box. Yes, there are guys from the later rounds that have become real monsters, but that's when you add them to next year's product as hits, when they've proven themselves.

I 1000% agree with Ugameck, Press Pass Legends has always been a HUGE "MUST BUY" product for me!! I like that the hits are pretty evenly distributed between "old skool" guys and REAL prospects from the draft!!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(12-31-2012, 11:14 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Rookie heavy for sure and skill position heavy as well, although there isn't even one card of pro bowler record breaking rookie kicker Blair Walsh which the Vikings don't make the playoffs without him on the team. There is plenty wrong with card companies, but there is a lot wrong with collector's as well. Smile
No joke. I've been blowing up Panini's blog about Walsh. I heard Contenders may have him. I've gotten an unused Ticket for the Vikes/Jags game from September for my collection (strong showing in his first NFL game). Hit a FG to go to overtime, and hit on in OT to win it. (He also helped me win my FF league - and is a...

DGD!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]