`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who to look for?

Who to look for?
Ok so i am working on setting up a card business with my dad. We have been at it for about 2 months now and have actually been much more successful than we thought we would be this early. Only thing is we have just been selling football cards because that is our area of expertise...but we want to branch out and start selling all sports to help our business expand and we have no idea who is good to look for when it comes to baseball. Obviously Yu Darvish, Trout, Harper, Jeter, Griffey, Ruth, gehrig are names that everyone knows, but is there anybody beyond that we should keep an eye out for? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: Who to look for?
Griffey jr and jeter are always favorite. As people give you names you should edit your post and add them.

The usual big yanks. Ruth and gehrig
Also what state do u live in?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Thanks. I live in WA, so i mean we have all the 90s players like griffey, ARod, Martinez, Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner and we have a few King felix cards but there doesnt really seem to be much more around here beyond that now that ichiro left
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Wow congrats on being successful escpecially this early without time to build a customer base!

thanks! its a lot of fun!
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(12-17-2012, 12:24 AM)Socrkd55 Wrote: Ok so i am working on setting up a card business with my dad. We have been at it for about 2 months now and have actually been much more successful than we thought we would be this early. Only thing is we have just been selling football cards because that is our area of expertise...but we want to branch out and start selling all sports to help our business expand and we have no idea who is good to look for when it comes to baseball. Obviously Yu Darvish, Trout, Harper, Jeter, Griffey, Ruth, gehrig are names that everyone knows, but is there anybody beyond that we should keep an eye out for? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Nolan Ryan is who I solely collect.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Hall of Famers are always popular.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

What about youngins? guys that maybe havent made it yet, or are just starting to become more popular
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Mainly go with the guys that you know. If you have any doubts about players you can always look in beckett magazine for the players that price the highest. You will never go wrong with Koufax, Aaron, Mays and Mantle.

Being in WA I'd go with Mike Zunino. He was the Mariners #1 pick 3rd overall and is probably the best bat out of the 2012 draft. He is also on the fast track to the majors as he came out of college and doesn't need the polishing that the prep players do. He will be the M's starting catcher when he arrives and will bump Jesus Montero to a full time Dh.