`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Let's see your best odd ball cards

Let's see your best odd ball cards
I was browsing the bay and was reminded of those Cal Ripken thumbprint cards that they had back in the early 90s. Thought I'd ask you guys what your favorite "odd ball" cards have been over the years.

I'm relatively new to the hobby, so I'd be curious to see what I missed over the years. What's your favorite novelty card/set?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Let's see your best odd ball cards
im new as well, but i want to see a MLB tattoos set, those would make for some great back card reading.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Not baseball, but I liked the 1997 first and ten chip shots that were poker chips in each pack. Also for basketball I love the dunk n go nuts cards.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(12-09-2012, 07:54 PM)phreakyq Wrote: im new as well, but i want to see a MLB tattoos set, those would make for some great back card reading.
Back in 1986, there were tattoo cards put out by Topps.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

[Image: nolan32.jpg]
Ventura and Ryan is probley my favorite oddball card
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

[Image: hpqscan0002-1.jpg]

When I think of oddball, I think of unlicensed. You know, like Wayne's Ryan/Ventura fight card. Quite a few of the ones on here so far are licensed cards.
(12-11-2012, 10:32 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: When I think of oddball, I think of unlicensed. You know, like Wayne's Ryan/Ventura fight card. Quite a few of the ones on here so far are licensed cards.
And when I say unlicensed, I mean cards that aren't Graded by Beckett.

(12-11-2012, 09:43 AM)waynetalger Wrote: [Image: nolan32.jpg]
Ventura and Ryan is probley my favorite oddball card
Is O-Pee-Chee really looked upon as odd ball down in the states? I'm not complaining for all I know they are. Living in Canada I don't see Topps of that era as odd, not even when I was a kid. I mean to me that was just the norm growing up.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

No. I don't think O-Pee-Chee is oddball. Like I said above, I count oddball as cards that Beckett won't Grade.

(12-11-2012, 03:49 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Is O-Pee-Chee really looked upon as odd ball down in the states? I'm not complaining for all I know they are. Living in Canada I don't see Topps of that era as odd, not even when I was a kid. I mean to me that was just the norm growing up.
O-Pee-Chee isn't odd but were a rarity when buying packs way back. I do remember a small newspaper/candy store that had both Topps & OPC hockey wax packs.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered