`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michael Jordan Triumvirate question...

Michael Jordan Triumvirate question...
How can you tell which one is the Illuminator?

Anyone?

RE: Michael Jordan Triumvirate question...
Illuminators are half Clear Acetate and Refractor-ish on both sides. So look for the card being clear and reflective front and back.

Thanks Jun... Yea, I have one on the way and wanted to be sure. Thanks againSmile
Here is a scan of the one coming...

[Image: Scan0001-13.jpg]

Hmm...kinda looks like the regular version (?)
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Yea make sure they reflect a rainbow shine both front and back. If not, it's most likely the normal version. Let us know once you get it.

(12-09-2012, 10:49 PM)rare23air83 Wrote: Yea make sure they reflect a rainbow shine both front and back. If not, it's most likely the normal version. Let us know once you get it.
Yea I sure will, I requested a scan of the back as well:

[Image: Scan0001.jpg]

For cards like this you need to request Photos of different angles... that way, the Refractor Like Technology can show. Scans will not allow you to see any Refractor Like Technology

Ya...still looks like regular version to me...but I agree, sometimes headon scans/photos aren't enough. Hard to tell until it's in your hands!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

It can be hard to tell online, as noted above. Good luck! Please post a scan when that beauty is in your possession.

Jonathan
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(12-10-2012, 12:33 PM)odditycards Wrote: Ya...still looks like regular version to me...but I agree, sometimes headon scans/photos aren't enough. Hard to tell until it's in your hands!
I agree, it's even difficult to see the difference if you have both cards scanned next to each other.

[Image: illumvslumin.jpg]

The Illuminator is on the left and the Luminescent on the right. Unfortunately you don't see the refraction on the scan. If anything, the refraction makes the text a little less clear, but you can only tell if you have both cards side by side.
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]