`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pacific premiere date cards with no serial number

Pacific premiere date cards with no serial number
Just wondering if anyone else has seen any of these. There are a couple on eBay and I'm reasonably sure they are legit because I pulled an Eddie George 1999 Crown Royale Premiere Date card with no serial number back in 1999.

It doesn't seem like they sell for much, but I've always thought my George card was neat.

Was it common for them to not get stamped? Has this happened with other cards from other sets that are supposed to have serial numbers?
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: Pacific premiere date cards with no serial number
Often when these card companies become defunct a lot of odd "stuff" from the vaults is released to the secondary market via bankruptcy auctions years later. I bet a large majority of those cards in question that you are referring to were most likely "extras" kept in storage at the once respective operational card company plants. If you pulled one of these unnumbered (which are supposed to be numbered) cards from an actual pack I would think that would be highly unusual.

I for one hate these types of "irregulars", but that is just me.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: Pacific premiere date cards with no serial number
(12-07-2012, 12:50 AM)nittany13 Wrote: Often when these card companies become defunct a lot of odd "stuff" from the vaults is released to the secondary market via bankruptcy auctions years later. I bet a large majority of those cards in question that you are referring to were most likely "extras" kept in storage at the once respective operational card company plants. If you pulled one of these unnumbered (which are supposed to be numbered) cards from an actual pack I would think that would be highly unusual.

I for one hate these types of "irregulars", but that is just me.
agreed, I pass on these cards as if they don't exist. unnumbered, "proof" cards, uncut, miscut or blank backs, etc. are all meant for the trash in my opinion.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/