`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards

RE: Ever seen theses ultra rare joe Montana cards
(12-06-2012, 02:15 AM)nthnoak Wrote: holy hell. those bv's are insane. i would have never guessed that, especially for a card of him in a chiefs uni. id have a hard time believing these actually sold for anywhere near that amount. i mean am i missing something here? other than being rare, what makes these cards appealing to be valued that high?
In 2000 Kingdom collectibles was contacted by 2 woman, one was the neighbors of joe Montana and these 2 woman were dedicated to putting together 2 complete collections of Montana cards for his 2 kids. Kingdom ended up selling them a pair of each for $4000. Their sister company www.idealcollectsbles.com on 2/23/01 put one up on eBay item #1116076632, there were 18 bidders, and it ended at $1025, but did not meet the reserve. On Labor Day that year kingdom sold a pair at the SF Labor Day show for $2500. I believe they are the rarest of all Montana cards and only 12 people in the world will be able to own one which creates a demand. There are many basketball cards that have greater quantities that are selling for $10000-50,000. Simple supply vs demand...cheers...

(12-06-2012, 10:39 AM)Johnybgud Wrote: I believe they are the rarest of all Montana cards and only 12 people in the world will be able to own one which creates a demand.
That's not entirely true. One person could own more than one. Thus, decreasing the number of people that could own one.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(12-06-2012, 02:14 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: That's not entirely true. One person could own more than one. Thus, decreasing the number of people that could own one.
You're right, coz I own 2 of the hf2....happy holidays...

(12-06-2012, 03:09 PM)Johnybgud Wrote: You're right, coz I own 2 of the hf2....happy holidays...
Merry Christmas to you!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

This went from an ok story to a wang measuring contest... love it! Kudos to you having some rare "Skybox" card(s) Smile

My uncle works for Beckett! OH NOES I'm cooler than you!

-ICE
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

(12-06-2012, 05:17 PM)weslamb Wrote: This went from an ok story to a wang measuring contest... love it! Kudos to you having some rare "Skybox" card(s) Smile

My uncle works for Beckett! OH NOES I'm cooler than you!

-ICE
I can honestly say I agree with you a bit here about how it seems like a bit of bragging, but he didn't come out with the story until asked and said contact him via PM. The only thing I gather about your statements are jealousy. Of course I'm not helping the issue either way. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(12-06-2012, 06:02 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I can honestly say I agree with you a bit here about how it seems like a bit of bragging, but he didn't come out with the story until asked and said contact him via PM. The only thing I gather about your statements are jealousy. Of course I'm not helping the issue either way. Smile
:p
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

#humblebrag
#intentofpmtosell?
#haterzgonnahate
#gumflappin'
#nojellyofanyone

isnt that how the kids do it nowadays? did i nail it?

Well I get that their rare. But he's in a chiefs uni. Being the 49er collector I am, I know all his chiefs stuff usually sells for far less than in a niner uni. And those basketball cards you talk about are of guys like Kobe and Jordan featured in their bulls or laker jerseys and are very beautiful cards that are serial numbered. Im not trying to diss your cards or anything, I just dont get it. Hes in a chiefs uni, its not serial numbered, and its not a flashy looking card like the basketball inserts that sell for a lot. I have a lot of cards numbered to less than 12 and their not worth near that much. My other issue is how do these cards even have a beckett value if their print run is only 12? That I dont get.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(12-06-2012, 08:28 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Well I get that their rare. But he's in a chiefs uni. Being the 49er collector I am, I know all his chiefs stuff usually sells for far less than in a niner uni. And those basketball cards you talk about are of guys like Kobe and Jordan featured in their bulls or laker jerseys and are very beautiful cards that are serial numbered. Im not trying to diss your cards or anything, I just dont get it. Hes in a chiefs uni, its not serial numbered, and its not a flashy looking card like the basketball inserts that sell for a lot. I have a lot of cards numbered to less than 12 and their not worth near that much. My other issue is how do these cards even have a beckett value if their print run is only 12? That I dont get.
I think it's more on the lines of cards that were rare before rare cards existed and none have sold or had been recorded as sold since back in the day when someone would pay that much for it. Like some of them old pro set errors that used to sell for hundreds, but are now $5-$20 nowadays, but even some of them can sell for hundreds. Also, Beckett isn't infallible as I've pointed out sixtuplet gu'd prime cards with a BV of less than $10.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/