`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I (might) finally get it

I (might) finally get it
Between trades and buys I've sent and received hundreds of packages in the mail over the last few months. And not until today did I have my first bad PWE experience.

Picked up a Michael Cuddyer game jersey card for my PC for pretty cheap. Free shipping, so I knew it would show up PWE. But inside the PWE was a piece of card stock paper wrapped around a top loader, which was cut down the sides to accommodate the thicker card. The problem lied in the fact that the card was able to slide from the penny sleeve and with the sides of the top loader gone, there was no support at all for the card.

The result? A sizable crease on the front and back of the card. I've emailed the seller, but given the note enclosed with the card said "feedback will be left when same received," I'm guessing it's not going to be a fun process getting my money back. In fact, after I pay shipping, I'll only get about $2 back.

Keep it and leave neutral or negative feedback? Send it back and put the $2 toward one that's more expensive but in better shape? Not sure, but I've finally been bit by the PWE and now appreciate those that know what they're doing when shipping that way. Just frustrating.
Kepler

RE: I (might) finally get it
Just give them a negative feedback and move on. I have a Michael Cuddyer jersey card you have. Just message me if you want it and I will mail it to you.

(12-02-2012, 12:50 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Between trades and buys I've sent and received hundreds of packages in the mail over the last few months. And not until today did I have my first bad PWE experience.

Picked up a Michael Cuddyer game jersey card for my PC for pretty cheap. Free shipping, so I knew it would show up PWE. But inside the PWE was a piece of card stock paper wrapped around a top loader, which was cut down the sides to accommodate the thicker card. The problem lied in the fact that the card was able to slide from the penny sleeve and with the sides of the top loader gone, there was no support at all for the card.

The result? A sizable crease on the front and back of the card. I've emailed the seller, but given the note enclosed with the card said "feedback will be left when same received," I'm guessing it's not going to be a fun process getting my money back. In fact, after I pay shipping, I'll only get about $2 back.

Keep it and leave neutral or negative feedback? Send it back and put the $2 toward one that's more expensive but in better shape? Not sure, but I've finally been bit by the PWE and now appreciate those that know what they're doing when shipping that way. Just frustrating.
ebay? if ebay, you are completely protected...just fiole a INAD claim, and get your money back. he also had to send with DC, which with a PWE, he didnt. you can nail him on that too

Don't see why they didn't just use a bigger toploader.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Amazingly, this isn't going to be the issue I thought it would be. Seller emailed me back right away this morning, apologized, offered a refund and told me to keep the card. I'll still be replacing it for my PC, so that's disappointing, but at least he acknowledged the error and took care of it.
Kepler

Glad to hear it ended well.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(12-02-2012, 10:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ebay? if ebay, you are completely protected...just fiole a INAD claim, and get your money back. he also had to send with DC, which with a PWE, he didnt. you can nail him on that too
If it isn't explained, maybe buyers should inquire with the seller before bidding what their shipping method is.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Like I said, if I'm not paying for shipping I expect PWE, but there are right and wrong ways to send PWE - this just happened to be the wrong way. I'm a bit bummed that I have to find another affordable copy of that card, but the guy already refunded the money and told me to keep it. So if nothing else, my cousin's kids will get a jersey card from me when I give them a box. He made good by me and all I'll be out is a little more time.
Kepler

(12-03-2012, 01:18 AM)krn001 Wrote: If it isn't explained, maybe buyers should inquire with the seller before bidding what their shipping method is.
doesnt matter. if you buy on ebay, and pay with paypal, you MUST use delivery confirmation. required element for seller protection.

any seller who sends in a pwe is just setting themselves up for an "item not delivered" claim. and they will lose every single time

You know what a card sent in a PWE is called? A FREEBIE

(12-03-2012, 01:35 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: doesnt matter. if you buy on ebay, and pay with paypal, you MUST use delivery confirmation. required element for seller protection.

any seller who sends in a pwe is just setting themselves up for an "item not delivered" claim. and they will lose every single time

You know what a card sent in a PWE is called? A FREEBIE
In my 13 plus years selling on ebay i have yet to ship in a PWE so i wouldn't even know if d/c is available at the po. Regardless, free shipping shouldn't = a PWE and paid postage doesn't guarantee seller is shipping properly.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered