`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Authentic autographs

Authentic autographs
I picked up 2 autographs at a show over the weekend and really believe that both are authentic. What is the best or cheapist or fastest company to get them authenticated. I know you have to join PSA, but I don't know if the invested money would be returned, if they turn out not to be authentic. Just looking for a little help if you would like to help me out with any info. The 2 autos are super known and are both legendary high profile hall of famers. Both are in the $500.00 plus category with their autos from Topps, Upper Deck,etc.
Just looking for an avenue to get them authenticated.
Thanks

RE: Authentic autographs
I would just buck up and go with PSA / JSA. Can always post pictures, and have people give opinions before you send em off too.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(11-19-2012, 12:04 PM)Krangry Wrote: I would just buck up and go with PSA / JSA. Can always post pictures, and have people give opinions before you send em off too.
Thanks

JSA is actually with BGS. PSA is separate.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I prefer BGS/JSA
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

Me too, baseballmason.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

PSA $25 a card
BGS (with grade) $30 a card

I prefer PSA on this, BOTH have their issues (there is a site out there that show bad authenticated autos from both companies).
But I believe PSA has bigger name recognition and a better rep.

PSA charges more if the declared value is over $500, I believe. Also, you'll have to buy a membership. I think their turnaround time is relatively fast though.

Personally, I like Beckett/JSA auto slabs. From what you're describing (Koufax? Aaron?), it'll be $30 a piece, and will be turned around in 10-14 days (approx).

I bet if you posted the cards here, some of the resident "experts" would give you a good idea of whether they're worth sending in. (Might give you some peace of mind/save you some money).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-19-2012, 09:43 PM)uvaspina Wrote: PSA charges more if the declared value is over $500, I believe. Also, you'll have to buy a membership.
Incorrect.
No membership needed to authenticate autograph cards and get a grade on them.
Ive used them 3 times so far without ANY issues and I dont have a membership.

(11-19-2012, 10:27 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Incorrect.
No membership needed to authenticate autograph cards and get a grade on them.
Ive used them 3 times so far without ANY issues and I dont have a membership.
Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure myself. Glad to know now.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*