`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It finally happened! Shipping Issue

RE: It finally happened! Shipping Issue
Always ship with Delivery Confirmation. Protects seller & buyer.
** international shipping is a little harder & riskier, but sometimes they are your biggest customers.

Looks like the card you sold was cheap. I'd ask the buyer if they want the replacement or refund their money & take the loss.

If you sell on ebay (& recommended anytime you trade/sell)... use the ebay/paypal shipping label. Cost is $1.65 for 3oz envelope... (bubblemaler + card.. you can also ship magnetic onetouch holders, as long as weight does not go over 3oz..)

for me, I charge $1.95 for shipping, First Class. This is default price for ebay (3oz package). you can round off to $2, so people don't have to ask about shipping..

Buy bubble-mailers in bulk.. you can usually buy 5 for $1.00 at your local dollar store..

I get used boxes from Costco or work that I cut up to use as extra protection.. & to make the package 1/4 inch thick, which is minimum thickness for shipping bubble-mailers, first class mail.

Also, write "DO NOT BEND" with a red marker on front & back of envelope.

I've never had shipping problems, except a couple times when shipping internationally... I shipped 2 cards on same day to Australia, two different people.. one got there in 5 days. The other took 27 days. Don't know why the delay.

For me, If I am selling cheap cards... & I know people don't want to pay $2 shipping for a $2-3 card, I try to offer combined shipping at no extra charge... by doing this, I am hoping that the buyer will buy multiple cards.. increasing my profit.. .. If weight of package for multiple cards is over 3oz, then I just take the loss.. usually $1-2.

What gets me upset is, selling on ebay or any other site that takes a percentage.. buyers want to buy cheap.. but if you sell too cheap, you are losing double... one because you sold under 1/2 BV, then two.. ebay/paypal takes a cut/percentage... I've paid out $400+ in fees last month... I hate that ebay bills you later & doesn't take their percentage right away.

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(11-15-2012, 06:20 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: part of the user agreement for a couple years, at least
Looked...dont see it anywhere.
(11-15-2012, 02:08 AM)davidanthony2k Wrote: need a 65 cent stamp if you write DO NOT BEND on the pwe. 1.50 is not a bad price at all as long as the card makes it to the buyer ok.
Ok, so youre up to $.80 in that case. Still double of the cost to ship.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-17-2012, 08:13 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Looked...dont see it anywhere.

Ok, so youre up to $.80 in that case. Still double of the cost to ship.
It is not double. 1.50 is a totally reasonable price for a pwe. Any price that an ebay seller charges that I agree to is a reasonable price to me as long as the card gets to me undamaged. Does not matter to me the size or the color of the envelope. I don't judge envelopes on those kinds of things.

PWE have a very high chance of receiving a damaged card... some sellers (new sellers) will ship cards without a toploader or using the old ultra holders, that are very flimsy.. I received a couple of those in 2007... a Lady was selling her son's early 90's cards... every card received was damaged.. 7 cards shipped in PWE.

Sellers think they are saving themselves money & offering lower shipping costs by using PWE... but they are setting themselves up for failure... Postal Clerks don't care about your mail. heck, UPS & FEDEX employees don't care about your packages... Walmart employees recently got in trouble for throwing LCD TV's onto the floor.. nobody cares about other people's stuff.

I think those people that charge $5 or more for shipping are trying to make a couple extra bucks off shipping charges... now, if it is a high dollar card, say $200+ (I picked $200 because not all of on Beckett are rich).. I would not worry about paying $5 shipping, if it was insured & properly packaged..
For domestic shipping, there is not a big difference between First Class & Priority Mail... maybe 1-3 days, maybe.

I served in the Navy & was responsible for my ship's Postal Operations for 4 years. I am familiar with most international shipping policies, at least those countries that I've visited to.

I have never heard of USPS charging extra for a PWE if you write "do not bend" on it. I did not learn that is the schooling I have regarding USPS. I have shipped items (picturers & other documents) in PWE & always write 'do not bend" on them... the Postal Clerks never tell me I have to pay extra..

Only time I've been questions about the items I've shipped, in regards to postage... was when using bubble mailers... I was told it has to be 1/4" thick...

All my cards I ship with toploaders & two pieces of cardboard on each side to protect them... especially if they are jersey/patch cards... those get ruined very easily.. even, if you write "do not bend" on the envelope/bubble-mailer.. trust me.. Out of all the "letter/auto" cards I have purchased, I received 3-4 that had creases that were caused during shipping...

Sellers should ship cards how they want to receive the cards they buy or trade for..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(11-17-2012, 08:40 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: It is not double. 1.50 is a totally reasonable price for a pwe. Any price that an ebay seller charges that I agree to is a reasonable price to me as long as the card gets to me undamaged. Does not matter to me the size or the color of the envelope. I don't judge envelopes on those kinds of things.
Thats fine that its reasonable to you, its still DOUBLE THEIR COST TO SHIP
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-17-2012, 09:25 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: PWE have a very high chance of receiving a damaged card... some sellers (new sellers) will ship cards without a toploader or using the old ultra holders, that are very flimsy.. I received a couple of those in 2007... a Lady was selling her son's early 90's cards... every card received was damaged.. 7 cards shipped in PWE.

Sellers think they are saving themselves money & offering lower shipping costs by using PWE... but they are setting themselves up for failure... Postal Clerks don't care about your mail. heck, UPS & FEDEX employees don't care about your packages... Walmart employees recently got in trouble for throwing LCD TV's onto the floor.. nobody cares about other people's stuff.

I think those people that charge $5 or more for shipping are trying to make a couple extra bucks off shipping charges... now, if it is a high dollar card, say $200+ (I picked $200 because not all of on Beckett are rich).. I would not worry about paying $5 shipping, if it was insured & properly packaged..
For domestic shipping, there is not a big difference between First Class & Priority Mail... maybe 1-3 days, maybe.

I served in the Navy & was responsible for my ship's Postal Operations for 4 years. I am familiar with most international shipping policies, at least those countries that I've visited to.

I have never heard of USPS charging extra for a PWE if you write "do not bend" on it. I did not learn that is the schooling I have regarding USPS. I have shipped items (picturers & other documents) in PWE & always write 'do not bend" on them... the Postal Clerks never tell me I have to pay extra..

Only time I've been questions about the items I've shipped, in regards to postage... was when using bubble mailers... I was told it has to be 1/4" thick...

All my cards I ship with toploaders & two pieces of cardboard on each side to protect them... especially if they are jersey/patch cards... those get ruined very easily.. even, if you write "do not bend" on the envelope/bubble-mailer.. trust me.. Out of all the "letter/auto" cards I have purchased, I received 3-4 that had creases that were caused during shipping...

Sellers should ship cards how they want to receive the cards they buy or trade for..
well that is how the post office works.. if you want to write DO NOT BEND on an envelope you need another 20 cent stamp on the envelope. MANY post offices workers do not even know about this rule.

(11-18-2012, 03:44 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: well that is how the post office works.. if you want to write DO NOT BEND on an envelope you need another 20 cent stamp on the envelope. MANY post offices workers do not even know about this rule.

Any seller that can't ship using a bubble wrap envelope for any trading card should be thrown off ebay! Just because the card may only be a couple bucks makes absolutely no difference. How many times did someone on here need a $3 card to get graded out at BGS 9 or better to go in a set? That $3 card means allot more to the buyer then you may think and they want it delivered in the best possible shape. Charging $1.50 and using a PWE tells me only one thing.... the seller sucks! Sorry but its true if I buy a card off ebay I expect a bubble envelope as well as it to be packaged properly in that bubble envelope. When I sell a card I ship it like I want it shipped to me. I charge $2.95 for shipping (always willing to combine shipping) but I never and mean NEVER had a problem with someone saying they didn't get it or it wasn't packed properly and my feedback I have 5 stars on every category but shipping costs and that one has 4.9 so bottom line a buyer doesn't mind paying a little more for shipping as long as you do the job you should be doing as a seller.... you took a short cut and tried to be cheap about it and you got burned refund the buyers money, and hopefully if you continue to sell on ebay you will ship cards the correct way from now on. It's a no brainer.

(11-18-2012, 03:44 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: well that is how the post office works.. if you want to write DO NOT BEND on an envelope you need another 20 cent stamp on the envelope. MANY post offices workers do not even know about this rule.
Wait, so the PO is selling something that none of their workser know about? That makes a lot of sense.

I asked a post master general of a major metropolitan area, and they said thats not true. You can send it a different type of mail to help ensure it wont be bent, but costs more than $.20 more. But anyone can write do not bend, and workers will try their best, $.20 more or not.

I gotta throw my 20 cents in here. I have to agree with Dyarberry, you gotta send with a bubble mailer. PWE just do not cut it. I'm sure your a good collector and take care of your cards so I'm not trying to call you out or anything.

Like someone already mentioned go to a dollar store and pick up a cheap package of 5 or so. It makes all the difference and at least shows that you care about the buyer.

Believe me your not the only one that does it. There used to be a trader on here a long time ago that swore by it. But it is just frowned upon that's all.

Would you ship an MJ auto in a PWE?
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

The problem is the USPS sends bubble wrappers and PWE through 2 different type sorters....guess which one bends more? The only reason I know is because I used to design the sorters. They are super fast and the machines don't care what's in your PWE.....just food for thought.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.