`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grading advice needed

RE: Grading advice needed
Yeah I wonder what PSA thinks, too. I think you're right, cweiland, I can see kids getting ripped off easily by that and non-collectors buying for kids.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I finally got a response from the seller about who "graded" these. Apparently, it's some company called Atlas. I Googled them and there's a forum post on here about them and nobody has seemed to have heard of them.
Kepler

(11-13-2012, 01:50 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I finally got a response from the seller about who "graded" these. Apparently, it's some company called Atlas. I Googled them and there's a forum post on here about them and nobody has seemed to have heard of them.
I haven't heard of atlas, but I have seen that slab many times. As soon as I see that slab, I just move on. I mostly buy cards that are already BGS/BVG Graded.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the BGS and PSA. I know there's other one out there that people like, but I don't want to get burned right off the bat and regret dipping a toe into that part of collecting.
Kepler

(11-13-2012, 04:05 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, I think I'll stick with the BGS and PSA. I know there's other one out there that people like, but I don't want to get burned right off the bat and regret dipping a toe into that part of collecting.
The 3rd respected company is SGC. Their expertise is in pre-war vintage. I'm not a fan of them for modern and a lot of collectors feel the same way.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Yeah, I've seen lots of mixed thoughts on SGC. If I were to pick up some pre-war stuff I'd consider them for the right price though.
Kepler